Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support the return of football at WSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
    I didn't want to criticize your math skills and so didn't point out that 10 seconds > 3 seconds (i.e. "if I beat you by 10 seconds in a 100 meter race" "yet we were heads up with only less than 3 seconds left to go.") :wink-new:
    Better reread it. There were 3 seconds left to go in a NORMAL race (we were at the 75 meter mark), then I tripped, causing me to lose time when I have to get up (and thus lose by 10 seconds). An entire 100 meter dash will last around 11 to 12 seconds if it's competitive at all, so being heads up at 75 meters and then you winning by 10 seconds doesn't make sense unless we are on crutches or I trip.

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
    I'm just wondering what "piece of track" you tripped on and if we can bring some of it to Koch Arena when Creighton visits; I would not mind seeing a close game in the second half turning into a 42 (=51-9) point Shocker victory over the BlueJays. :joyous:
    Why the piece of track you cut out and worked over with your bowie knife the night before you dirty cheat.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Why the piece of track you cut out and worked over with your bowie knife the night before you dirty cheat.
      As long as you bring it to Koch Arena and let it work its magic on the BlueJays, I'll be happy. :cowbell: :victorious: :excitement:
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Today is the 42nd anniversary of the tragic plane crash in Colorado carrying part of the WSU football team. Bob Lutz reflect on the tragedy in this Wichita Eagle article.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity I thought I would look at the 2012 MVC Football Conference attendance.

Average per home game:

North Dakota State - 18.568
          Youngstown State - 14,924
          South Dakota State - 12,853
          Northern Iowa - 12,758
          Southern Illinois - 9,963
          Western Illinois - 9,648
          South Dakota - 8,868
          Missouri State - 8,710
          Illinois State - 6,455
          Indiana State - 6,386

Average home attendance for the 5 full MVC members = 8,543

Average home attendance for 5 football-only members = 13,232

Buy-in games played:

UNI at Wisconsin (Wisky just squeezed by the Panthers 26-21)
          YSU at Pitt (I think this was probably a buy-in game. YSU defeated Pitt 31-17)
          MSU at KSU (9-51)
          SDS at KU (17-31)
          INS at Indiana (Again I assume this was a buy-in game. Indiana prevailed 24-17)
          MSU at Louisville (7-35)
          NDS at CSU (Not sure if CSU paid to get take a 7-22 lost to NDS or not?)
          UNI at Iowa (16-27, not bad for the Panthers)
          WIU at Iowa State (3-37)

FCS Rankings: http://www.collegesportingnews.com/c...2-FCS-Rankings

6 MVC teams ranked in the Top 21. Looks like the MVC Football Conference is the bell cow of FCS football in terms of quality.

Comment

• Watching the UNL-Georgia football game (CAPITAL ONE BOWL), reminds me of one of the Shocker's better defensive players, Jumpy Geathers. His nephew Kwame Geathers plays for Georgia. Kwame looks even bigger than this uncle (but I doubt he is as good a player as his uncle was).

After his WSU career, Jumpy Geathers played 13 seasons in the NFL. He once made a statement that he was going to keep playing in the NFL until WSU brought back football. He obviously didn't make it.

Comment

• I believe he also got a few minutes on the basketball court for WSU; is this right?

Comment

• That sounds right. He was a basketball player in junior college and Willie Jeffies got him to change sports.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• I don't believe he ever made it to the basketball court. I think there was some speculation but it was apparent that football was his future. He is not in the list of players on the history link on GoShockers.com.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                    I believe he also got a few minutes on the basketball court for WSU; is this right?
                    No he didn't. There was talk about it. Smithson was intrigued. But he never played or even practiced with the bball team.

On the football side, I still remember the KU game. At a crucial juncture in the game, he split the KU offensive line like he was opening the curtains. Grabbed the curtains(linemen) in the middle with each hand and just pushed them aside like the were nothing. At 6'7, 285 he was a bit of a freak of nature at that time... Gathers and McJunkins were both ahead of their time... by at least 15 years...
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Yes. I definitely would support the return of football.

Comment

• absolutely not, for ecomonic reasons only.

Comment

• Originally posted by DougW View Post
                          Yes. I definitely would support the return of football.
                          Put your money where your mouth is, all it will take is a big check.
                          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• UAB shitting down its football program. Fires AD.

Comment

• Rugby, I repeat........Rugby

Penn Mutual Collegiate Rugby Championship is the largest gathering of men’s and women’s collegiate and high school rugby teams in the world.

this is one helluva good time
                              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                                UAB shitting down its football program. Fires AD.
                                Thirteen of the 15 trustees received undergraduate or law degrees from the University of Alabama, including Paul W. Bryant Jr., the son of legendary Crimson Tide football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant.

Only three board members have academic ties to UAB. One of them, Barbara Humphrey, is the wife of former Crimson Tide star running back Bobby Humphrey.

“Some of the folks on that board would rather destroy UAB than beat Auburn,” said Alabama state Rep. Jack Williams, an outspoken supporter of UAB football.
                                UAB coach Bill Clark produced one of college football's biggest turnarounds this year, but the Blazers might have lost the only battle that mattered.

Comment

Working...
                                X