Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support the return of football at WSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I suppose it is possible Bardo hired a consultant with instructions to give him a report that supports what Bardo would like to hear. However, that would be contrary to what Bardo said he was hiring the consultant to do. To provide guidance on where they should go with the overall athletic program regardless of which direction that takes. Perhaps that statement was simply for public consumption but I will take Bardo at his word at this point.

Does posting a picture of a football helmet and band uniform indicate they are moving toward adding football? Maybe, but I will just take it to mean they haven't totally nixed the possibility of football at this point.
    I agree. The consultant has been hired to evaluate a number of things related to WSU athletics including looking at conference affiliation, feasibility of having a football program, etc. I would suspect that Bardo has his wish list, but he is going to listen to a multitude of wise counsel about this. My guess is that if the consultant says it's not feasible to have football, it ends there. If the consultant does say here is the pathway to getting a viable football program, then he is going to take that plan and start talking to the stakeholders (donors, BOR, etc). Based on this feedback a decision will be made. Bardo is a smart individual. I am confident that Bardo will make sure that whatever is the plan that it will do no harm to the current level of the basketball program. I hope it happens because it will be another step towards getting out of the MVC. But no matter which way it goes I will be confident that it will be a very well researched and analyzed plan that will lead them to the best decision.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      Donald, Donald Trump. Is that you?
      Nah, The Trump is the most intelligent man in the universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
        Nah, The Trump is the most intelligent man in the universe.
        The universe isn't big enough to hold Trump's intelligence (or at least something emanating out of that head and I'm not talking about his hair).

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Why is anytime something is talked about either being built, moving into or coming over the good hearted souls of Wichita's first response is "But where will we park"

If parking is any part of your concerns just seriously leave the conversation. You wanna know where you will park? In a parking lot. Will you have to walk? Yes get over it. Are you gonna cry about "lack of parking" and proclaim you'll never attend and event there? Well now you're just being a whiny ass cry baby. Shut up

now with that said... IMO Bardo has done some thing which really coincides with trying to grow Wichita State into more of a traditional school as compared to the commuter school it has been in the past (and currently still) Shocker Hall was a huge step forward in that. I'm sure the new dorms (when they ever get built) will be a huge step as well
          With the basketball program being on the level that it is is only going to help.
          Decent Parking will be a big deal if football is brought back. A big part of the football experience is tailgating before the game, which requires an abundant supply of parking within reasonable walking distance of the stadium. Lack of parking (or very inconvenient parking) could hurt attendance and thus revenue.

I'm not sure there is adequate parking for an on campus stadium especially with the planned innovation campus taking up much of the former golf course. In that case where would we put a stadium?
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• So WSU has the longest HOME winning streak, while Ron Baker has the longest HO winning streak.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              Decent Parking will be a big deal if football is brought back. A big part of the football experience is tailgating before the game, which requires an abundant supply of parking within reasonable walking distance of the stadium. Lack of parking (or very inconvenient parking) could hurt attendance and thus revenue.

I'm not sure there is adequate parking for an on campus stadium especially with the planned innovation campus taking up much of the former golf course. In that case where would we put a stadium?
              Parking won't be a problem when the stadium is built on approximately 80 acres of open farm land just south of K96 between Hillside and Oliver. This has all been thought out, great traffic access with ramps directly to and from K96 with plenty of parking for your tailgating! A prominent Wichita family with a business located just to the north has been waiting for the right use for this land and is ready to make it happen and play ball with the University!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                Parking won't be a problem when the stadium is built on approximately 80 acres of open farm land just south of K96 between Hillside and Oliver. This has all been thought out, great traffic access with ramps directly to and from K96 with plenty of parking for your tailgating! A prominent Wichita family with a business located just to the north has been waiting for the right use for this land and is ready to make it happen and play ball with the University!
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Also,
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I really dont have a response to this so I probably should just say nothing. But although you're right. You're still incredibly wrong. I get what you're saying and you're right. But thats not what people are talking about when they mention parking. They want the shortest distance from vehicle to seat. If it requires taking more than 10 steps its 'THERES NO PARKING" As of right now theres lots of space around koch all the way towards 17th and the lot on 21st and Oliver. I dont know what the plans are for Fairmount Towers but sure lets make that a parking lot as well. WSU just announced that they were looking into a parking garage on campus.

Although costly IMO it would be best to build a new stadium. as someone mentioned to you above there is space pretty close to the campus. Which I am sure someone will find a way to ***** about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      The universe isn't big enough to hold Trump's intelligence (or at least something emanating out of that head and I'm not talking about his hair).
                      I think you have mistaken intelligence with ego. And ProShox its THE DONALD not the Trump.:)

Comment

Think Fairmount park and adjacent housing that screams to be incorporated into the university footprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            I think you have mistaken intelligence with ego. And ProShox its THE DONALD not the Trump.:)
                            As I said "at least something" emanating out of his head. And you nailed what I was driving at. I do see at least one potential benefit of Trump. If you buy him for what he is worth and then sell him for what he think's he is worth you could make a healthy dent in the national debt plus fund Shocker football.

Comment

• I would imagine WSU would start in the MVC Football conference while building the program UNLESS they can get a big name coach to build it. If they could get a Parcells type name that players would want to come play for it could fast forward the recruiting process.

Comment

• Decent Parking will be a big deal if football is brought back. A big part of the football experience is tailgating before the game, which requires an abundant supply of parking within reasonable walking distance of the stadium. Lack of parking (or very inconvenient parking) could hurt attendance and thus revenue.

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                I really dont have a response to this so I probably should just say nothing. But although you're right. You're still incredibly wrong. I get what you're saying and you're right. But thats not what people are talking about when they mention parking. They want the shortest distance from vehicle to seat. If it requires taking more than 10 steps its 'THERES NO PARKING" As of right now theres lots of space around koch all the way towards 17th and the lot on 21st and Oliver. I dont know what the plans are for Fairmount Towers but sure lets make that a parking lot as well. WSU just announced that they were looking into a parking garage on campus.

Although costly IMO it would be best to build a new stadium. as someone mentioned to you above there is space pretty close to the campus. Which I am sure someone will find a way to ***** about that.
                                I understand that some folks will complain about how far they have to walk to get to the stadium. Having to walk a quarter mile or more (probably more) will simply be a fact of life for most in attendance. It just comes with the territory.

My concern is still a lack of space. You will not only have the stadium, you will need practice fields for both the team & marching band, space for whatever womens programs have to be started, and parking for 10 - 15k vehicles on gameday.

I'm sure we can find the space somewhere, but not so sure that we can do it on campus.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X