Indoor Track Meet @WSU - Jan 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Track Meet @WSU - Jan 16th

I know its the heart of basketball season but the track team is hosting the first ever indoor track meet at WSU (in the Heskett Center) in a week (Friday, Jan 16th). Its a triangular with Tulsa and Fort Hays. I believe women's bball plays Thursday and men's bball plays Saturday so it would be a great way to break up the weekend. The main part of the meet starts around 5pm and goes until 8pm according to the schedule. Here is more info ...

It'll be the only chance until the outdoor season to see one of the best teams on campus, I'm sure they'll beat Fort Hays and I hope they put it on Tulsa as well.

My impressions from the men's meet Friday night:

- Last year this guy's team was 3rd indoor and 2nd outdoor at MVC's giving national powerhouse UNI and run for their money at the outdoor conference meet. They look to be just as good (hopefully better) than last year.
    - The jumpers dominated this meet, Ian Lindstrom back from redshirting last year looked solid along with soph Josh Crawford in the LJ/TJ. Lots of new faces that look to back these guys up as well. Beau Morris easily won the pole vault. I think the jumpers all go from a shorter approach this early in the year.
    - Thought the sprinters looked good. Chris Allen looks great in the hurdles, winning easy. Denny Nedd almost won the 60 but ran a fast time. Jared Foley won the 400 and looks strong. Freshman Dylan Hartnett ran great in both the 200 and 400 for his debut meet.
    - Nothing outstanding in the distance events, I think they were using this meet as a bit of a workout but were solid overall.
    - Same with the throwers, although don't look very deep.
    - 4x4 didn't have any competition as the A and B teams went 1-2. They looked good though.

- It was a great meet, compact time schedule, and just about a packed house. Most of the stands were full and there was a great atmosphere. Hopefully next year there will be more meets because it was an exciting event!

Comment

Did Chris Dickman compete?

(2008 (Sophomore): INDOOR - Placed 13th at the NCAA Indoor Championships after earning his first career berth to nationals at the MVC Championships, where he placed fourth with a career-best heptathlon total of 5511 points
      http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...&Q_SEASON=2008)

ADDED: I see that he was second in the long jump and fifth in the Men 60 Meter Hurdles. http://www.goshockers.com/downloads1...DB_OEM_ID=7500
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Glad to see Devin Dick, a kid from Buhler and from my church compete "unattached" (actually a member of WSU). Looks like he did fairly well in the long jump for a freshman.

Comment

Dickman also anchored the winning 4x4 in a fast split. He looked very strong.

Comment

Working...
          X