No announcement yet.

Tulsa's Football Stadium to undergo major changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koch is a MIT grad. Tulsa's new stadium improvements look great. I never liked how they added on one side and left the other side alone. Looked unbalanced and not very well thought out. This is a great plan for TU football. I think the Univ of Houston's stadium renovations and SMU's new stadium is other great examples that you don't need to a 50,000 seat facility to compete in D1A. Cessna is good, but it would need a great deal of work. I think we could start at the D1AA level with minimal work to the stadium looking to build a new one. I would say across the street close to campus, but with room for practice fields and indoor facilities. I'm not sure why the U has not looked into this. We are quickly running out of room for all of our athletic programs.

Comment

One of the Nobel Prize winners of Economics has left George Mason, I don't know about the other one.

While I'm not for sure on the ratio of WSU to KU grads I do know that there are a ton of KU grads. KU offers a degree in Chemical Engineering. Charlie has a masters in Chemical Engineering from MIT as well as a masters in Mechanical Engineering. Koch Industries hires a ton of chemical engineers and a ton of accounting/finance/economics majors from WSU.

Koch Industries partnered with WSU and created the Institute for Market Based Management (MBM). These are primarily upper-level economics courses of which I have taken some. His foundation supports as well as pays the salaries of several of the professors.

I don't mean to sound like a whiny, spoiled brat but Chucky's name is on the arena not because he paid for the thing but only because he was the largest donor. Of the 20mm dollar renovation, how much do you think Charles paid? ... ... ... ... 6 million dollars!!1111eleven That's right, the company with revenues in excess of 80 billion dollars a year was able to find 6 million in loose change in the VIP lounge sofas.

Yes, 6 million is the largest single gift, given by the company (in 2000).

C'mon Chucky baby...

Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation:

year: 2005
      asts: $ 76,012,934
      rev: $ 30,617,936
      exp: $ 3,611,046
      grnts pd: $ 2,625,951

In 2005, Koch companies donated more than $9 million to charities.

It is widely known that the Koch brothers (Bill and Charlie) have a serious hatred for one another. Maybe there is an opportunity for the university here.. :D

Bill spent 62,000,000 to win a silly boat race (The America's Cup). We need to offer him full naming rights on Bill Koch Stadium for the bargain price of 30mm. Every year before the first kickoff we will anoint him King of Wichita and let him do the coin toss or whistle blow or whatever the hell you do at football games.. :) He would love that and it would certainly piss off his brother... ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

Since Bill Koch has no more trials pending in Kansas, there will be no more gifts in Kansas from Bill Koch.

WSU has also been smarter than to even approach doing what you are suggesting, I imagine which was done in jest.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          Since Bill Koch has no more trials pending in Kansas, there will be no more gifts in Kansas from Bill Koch.

WSU has also been smarter than to even approach doing what you are suggesting, I imagine which was done in jest.
          "Since Bill Koch has no more trials pending in Kansas, there will be no more gifts in Kansas from Bill Koch."

Yeah, I figured that.. :)

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
            I believe Koch's contribution to Koch arena is the single largest contribution Koch Industries has ever made.
            I also believe it was the single largest contribution in the history of our state.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman
              Here is a pic of the refurbsihed stadium proposal. Sounds like plans are to eventually lengthen the press box/club seats and properly bowl in the endzone. I am so envious I could puke.

Tulsa has not released its final conceptual drawing but this is roughly what it will look like. (yes it was done by a fan) I really believe we have diamond in the rough over at Cessna. How cool would that place be with luxury suites on both sides with a football complex in the North Endzone. We could also do some hill seating over there much like K-State does. Since seating will not be at a premium we can do what Stanford did and eat some space up by taking out the bench seats and replacing them with Yellow chairbacks. Yes, the whole stadium will be chairback seats. Perhaps the seats between the 35s going 15 rows up could be larger and more comfortable with drink holders etc.

My favorite part of this drawing is the last minute pencil in of the jumbtron on the field house. I'll post the official plans when they come out.
              [/img]

Comment

What's Tulsa's enrollment?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  What's Tulsa's enrollment?

4,174 according to wikipedia.

Comment

Charlie, didn't Tulsa and Arkansas play each other every year for several decades or was that another school?

The stadium looks great. I don't think they will ever bowl the bottom part of the stadium like they hope to do someday, but you never know. I think Tulsa is not going to grow their fan base that much considering the size of the school and the proximity to ou & osu. Also, remember that the okie state is even more bandwagon than Kansas is. 90% of those hillbillies are going to pull for what everyone else pulls for..ou and then osu. The mindless must conform.

Comment

Originally posted by shocky
                      Charlie, didn't Tulsa and Arkansas play each other every year for several decades or was that another school?

Not in recent history. Seems logical that we would have in the past. I'll dig out the media guide later and check.

Comment

I remember that when Nolan Richardson went from Tulsa to Arkansas he was able to get some payback to Eddie Sutton.

When Eddie Sutton was at Arkansas he wouldn't play Tulsa. But when Eddie went to OSU he wanted to start a series with Arkansas and Richardson refused, referencing Sutton's previous refusal.

Comment

Working...
                        X