Nearly 30 years ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 30 years ago...

Joe Williams ties an NCAA record with a 67 yard field goal.

Were you there? I was...can barely remember (a little young), but I remember it.

I was there and remember him kicking this field goal. A little breezy that day as I recall.

Comment

I would guess that if this question stayed up long enough, the estimated crowd at this game would be around 45k.

I acutally do remember this and was also in my youth. If memory serves me correctly, that afternoon was a borderline hurricane as the wind goes and the kick sailed through the uprights and would have been good from at least 75 yards....perhaps longer.

Comment

I remember it but cannot remember if I saw it live or on the news.

Here is an interesting article I found while trying to remember the name of the coach and quarterback for WSU in 1978. Jim Wright was the coach and was fired after the season to be replaced by Willie Jeffries. Was the quarterback Jim Andrus?

Then there is the tragedy of Oct. 2, 1970 airplane crash. That came up a lot in my googling for answers. I am sure it will be covered in the paper tomorrow.

Comment

I was there, and I wasn't all that young....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shockfan8
            I was there, and I wasn't all that young....lol
            I was in Marching Band, Id forgotten about until this thread.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
            X