Bowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling

The men just won their 8th national title. Beat UNLV in 2 games.

congrats to the men! go SHOX!

Comment

Any update on the women?
      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
        Any update on the women?

Lost in the Finals, 2 nil.

Comment

I think this has been covered on SN before, but can someone explain to me again the difference between the Inter-collegiate tournament and the NCAA bowling tournament, and why does Wichita State participate in the Inter-collegiate tourney? BTW, congrats guys! National Champs...sweet!

Comment

28 teams are in NCAA D1 women's bowling. 28 in the entire nation. It's a joke!!

300-400 teams is a guess for the number of teams in USBC bowling. 600-800 when you add men's teams and women's teams. This is the real championship.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Gotcha...thanks.

Comment

The NCAA doesn't allow the bowlers to play for money in the off season. The USBC does.

Comment

;-) It was a tough, hard, nail-biting road through the loser's bracket for the men's team, followed by an impressive two games under the lights to grind down a good UNLV team for the national championship. The defending national champion Lady Shockers cruised all the way through the the winner's bracket, and looked sure to win, but ran into a juggernaut team in Pikeville, on what were by then, very hot and stuffy lanes. The ladies could never quite find the groove in those lanes, though they almost came from behind to save the first game. No shame in the loss, as the Lady Shocks were far better looking, and showed true Shocker class in a national championship setting, as the upcoming TV broadcast will confirm. Hold your heads high Ladies... Your performance throughout the tourney was extremely impressive. Bring back our trophy next year!!! ;-)
                  Semper Wu !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    The NCAA doesn't allow the bowlers to play for money in the off season. The USBC does.
                    That's it in a nutshell, BA. It's about "amateurism" as defined by the NCAA, which is very strict about it -- some would say overly so. And if you don't want to play by their rules, you can't have an NCAA program, which in fairness to them is not unreasonable.

The neat thing about bowling, unlike most sports, is that there's a viable alternative to the NCAA, and it's obviously one that is preferred by the vast majority of collegiate bowling programs.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

300-400 teams is a guess for the number of teams in USBC bowling. 600-800 when you add men's teams and women's teams. This is the real championship.
                      How many mens programs?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                        Originally posted by SpanglerFan316

How many mens programs?
                        In the NCAA? Zero
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Former Shocker bowlers Sean Rash and Chris Barnes are on espn right now bowling in the PBA major tournament in Wichita. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
                            Former Shocker bowlers Sean Rash and Chris Barnes are on espn right now bowling in the PBA major tournament in Wichita. :wsu_posters:

I have recently started bowling and so I have started watching bowling on TV which I never thought I'd do. Anyway I was watching this. Barnes held up a Shocker hat (with Wu on it) after he won his semi-final.

Comment

Did you know more Americans participate in bowling than any other sport?Hence, the most popular sport in America.

Comment

Working...
                              X