2017-18 Men's Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Men's Track

The track program and Shocker Track Club are having a social tomorrow night (Tuesday, Aug 1) at 7pm where you can meet and greet some of the athletes. Scheduled to appear are former Shockers Austin Bahner and Tonya Nero as well as current all-Americans Hunter Veith and Damien Odle. Should be a fun time to hang out with these great athletes! The event will be in downtown Wichita at Third Place Brewing.

Here is the GoShockers article ... http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/...ker-stars.aspx

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
    The track program and Shocker Track Club are having a social tomorrow night (Tuesday, Aug 1) at 7pm where you can meet and greet some of the athletes. Scheduled to appear are former Shockers Austin Bahner and Tonya Nero as well as current all-Americans Hunter Veith and Damien Odle. Should be a fun time to hang out with these great athletes! The event will be in downtown Wichita at Third Place Brewing.

Here is the GoShockers article ... http://www.goshockers.com/news/2017/...ker-stars.aspx
    Pretty short notice.

Comment

It's been promoted in the running community/stores for a few weeks - just thought I'd put it up here for anyone interested and not doing anything tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post

My better half talks about the T&F team all the time but I’ve personally never followed them much. It’s a shame they don’t get more spotlight but when you have the success of our basketball program, it’s tough to share it. Hoping when I retire to move back that direction and attend more events but will miss this one. From what I hear, steve has been a hell of a coach. How many AA’s has he produced? Is it the most at WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxMTXE View Post
          How many AA’s has he produced? Is it the most at WSU?
          He probably has but keep in mind that there are a lot of different events and two seasons (not counting XC) so you have a lot more opportunities for earning All-America honors. Heading into the 2016-17 season (with 16 years at WSU behind him) his program has produced 61 All-America honors, 83 NCAA national qualifiers and 213 individual MVC Champions at Wichita State.

I assume those All-America honors include both 1st team and 2nd team honors. He, of course, added to those totals last year. The Shocks added 11 individual indoor MVC Champions and 10 more individual outdoor MVC Champions to raise that total to 234. 3 Shockers (1 heptathlete and 2 pentathletes) were NCAA indoor qualifiers and all 3 (Hunter Veith, Nikki Larch-Miller and Breanne Borman) earned 2nd team All-American honors. 4 Shockers (1 decathlete and 3 heptathletes) were NCAA national outdoor qualifiers raising that total to 90. Hunter Veith earned 1st team All-American honors in the decathlon and Breanne Borman and Gavyn Yetter both earned 2nd Team AA honors the heptathlon. Unfortunately, our best heptathlete, Nikki Larch-Miller, had to withdraw from the heptathlon midway through due to injury. That raised the All-American totals to 67.

While those are outstanding acccomplishments I think that what Coach Bolt takes the most pride in is his program's success winning MVC team championships.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 1, 2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I could use one of these!

https://twitter.com/GoShockersTFXC/s...52113873870848

Comment

Wichita St T&F/XC‏ @GoShockersTFXC Aug 14

Save the date! Shocker T&F Golf Scramble at Willowbend ...

Comment

Thought it was interesting that Coach Rainbolt has a meeting with the parents of his distance runners. Not sure if this is something new or something he has always done. @gohsox74 might know the answer to that. One thing Coach 'Bolt does well is communicate.

Wichita St T&F/XC‏ @GoShockersTFXC Aug 13

Students getting back on campus - Parents meeting for the distance runners today in Cessna Stadium!

Comment

I think they've done this for a couple years with all of the new parents (not just XC). With as large of numbers as they bring in (over 40 this year), it's probably good to get everyone on the same page as the year starts. As you mentioned communication, and with a program as large or larger than a football team (men and women combined), there are probably lots of questions from parents.

Comment

Not sure where the hold the Shocks XC Camp but it looks like fun except for the workouts...

Comment

Working...
                    X