X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linwood Sexton Passes

Another Shocker great gone.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Very sad news indeed. A true Shocker treasure and an absolute gentleman. Someone who probably deserved much more admiration and adulation than he received but he was never one to really seek out attention or to bring attention to himself.

Rest in Peace Mr. Sexton.

Comment

Linwood was awesome. Always saw him when I played golf out at MacDonald golf course. He asked me how I played every time I saw him. Being young and not too knowledgeable on WSU history I didn't know who he was until I was late in my college days. Played golf with him a couple of times after I got the courage to ask him if he wanted to join me and he was one of the nicest guys ever. RIP to a Shocker legend. It's been a rough few weeks.

Comment

Our greats are dropping way too fast.

Comment

I walked by his seat going to mine every game. It was a major let down when he wasn't there. It will be painful next season. I didn't know him well, but he was so kind and just exuded the tender determination he exhibited his entire life. Many here were not fans of ADES, but please join me in prayers for his family. Until you lose your father, you don't appreciate the void that is left when he passes. RIP Gentleman.
          Last edited by The 'hut; March 30, 2017, 10:02 AM.
          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
            Until you lose your father, you don't appreciate the void that is left when he passes.
            Truer words are never spoken. I lost mine almost ten years ago, and I still struggle with it.
            78-65

Comment

I'm lucky enough to still be able to enjoy times with my father. Mr. Sexton was one of the few people that he speaks about with reverence.

I honestly felt honored to say hello to him every time I saw him, whether at a WSU event or somewhere around Wichita.

I can hear Eric say "How are you doing Pops?" in my head the last 24 hours. My heart and prayers go out to Eric and his family. Wichita is a poorer place today without Mr. Sexton.

And Heaven is a better place.

Comment

Very nice work by Bob Lutz on the passing of Linwood Sexton:

Comment

After reading the articles I realize that I chatted with Mr. Sexton on multiple occasions coming and going at MacDonald. I did that without realizing who he was. That makes me sad.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    After reading the articles I realize that I chatted with Mr. Sexton on multiple occasions coming and going at MacDonald. I did that without realizing who he was. That makes me sad.
                    Just more evidence of what a humble, unassuming man Linwood Sexton was.

Comment

Working...
                    X