No announcement yet.

2016 Men's MVC Golf Championship - April 25-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early birdies by the 'dogs were hard to overcome.
    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Will we get an NCAA invite?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        Will we get an NCAA invite?
        I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
          Early birdies by the 'dogs were hard to overcome.
          But the Shockers did, in fact, overcome that. The Shocks came back from 8 strokes down about 1/3rd through the final round to tie the score at +37 with about a team total of about 15 holes remaining. Over those final 15 holes SIU shot even par and the Shockers were 10-over. SIU's even par finish over those 15 holes was an outstanding team effort and would have been very difficult to beat or match. In any case, the Shocks fell far short of challenging that and failed to keep any pressure on SIU. In fact, the Shocks very nearly fell to 3rd place with their poor finish.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            But the Shockers did, in fact, overcome that. The Shocks came back from 8 strokes down about 1/3rd through the final round to tie the score at +37 with about a team total of about 15 holes remaining. Over those final 15 holes SIU shot even par and the Shockers were 10-over. SIU's even par finish over those 15 holes was an outstanding team effort and would have been very difficult to beat or match. In any case, the Shocks fell far short of challenging that and failed to keep any pressure on SIU. In fact, the Shocks very nearly fell to 3rd place with their poor finish.
            Whole heartedly agree. I just thought those early birdies on challenging holes made the Shocks have to press to move up. At PD, pressing will catch up with you eventually with doubles or more.
            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
              Whole heartedly agree. I just thought those early birdies on challenging holes made the Shocks have to press to move up. At PD, pressing will catch up with you eventually with doubles or more.
              SIU should have been the team feeling the heat after losing the 8 stroke lead. They played well down the stretch the Shockers did not. SIU handled the pressure the Shocks did not. This is where the tournament was won by SIU. They deserved and earned the win.

If I had to propose a theory of what happened to the Shocks is that after they battled back from 8 strokes down they might have relaxed just a bit too much and lost their focus put up a couple of big numbers and then found themselves behind the 8-ball at which time they probably did start to press plus it immediately took the pressure off of SIU and they could play more relaxed.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 28, 2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X