Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickman, Slupkowski to compete at NCAA Indoor Championships

Congrats to these two guys in the heptathlon:

Sophomore heptathletes Chris Dickman and Krzysztof Slupkowski have been selected to the field of 16 to compete in the heptathlon at the 44th Annual Divison I Men's Indoor Track and Field Championships in at the Randal Tyson Center in Fayetteville, Ark.

I know that the men have a really good team outdoors this year. Good luck to these Shockers! Good luck in Arkansas!

Re: Dickman, Slupkowski to compete at NCAA Indoor Championsh

Originally posted by goshox74
    Congrats to these two guys in the heptathlon:

Sophomore heptathletes Chris Dickman and Krzysztof Slupkowski have been selected to the field of 16 to compete in the heptathlon at the 44th Annual Divison I Men's Indoor Track and Field Championships in at the Randal Tyson Center in Fayetteville, Ark.

I know that the men have a really good team outdoors this year. Good luck to these Shockers! Good luck in Arkansas!
    I'm sorry, but first glance at the title of this thread gave me a good chuckle.
    :yahoo:
    SFL is back!

Comment

Both guys are sophomores so should be some good upside over the next couple of years.

Comment

I know Chris (Dickman) and he is a good person. He is a good representative of WSU (our WSU http://www.kansas.com/250/story/338830.html :D ) as a student and as an athlete.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Yes both are sophomores. Slupkowski is technically a freshmen outdoor (he redshirted outdoor last year).

Dickman's story is really incredible, I wish the local media would cover a guy like this. Small town Kansas kid, walks on the track team, has mono this year during the fall, and qualifies for NCAA as a sophomore.

Hey local media guys, lots of great stories like this all over WSU in the non-revenue sports!!!

Comment

Dickman finishes 13th and Slupkowksi 15th in the NCAA Indoor National Championships.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Sophomore Chris Dickman finished 13th in the heptathlon, while teammate Krzyszstof Slupkowski?was 15th?at the 2008 Division I Indoor Track and Field Championships at the Randal Tyson?Track Center on the campus of the University of Arkansas.

Not bad. Bodes well for the future as these guys should conitnue to improve.

Nice effort guys.

:clap: :goshocks:

Comment

2 of the top 15 in the nation from WSU! Thats great! Also I noticed 4 of the top 15 from the MVC. Shows how good the conference is nationally.

Outdoor season starts this weekend in Tulsa.

Comment

I think UNI had the 800 meter National Champ also.

Comment

Yes they did, UNI also finished top-10 as a team for the 2nd year in a row. SIU women also finished in the top-20 with a national champion in the weight throw. By the way she is also the world record holder.

Comment

I went to the grinnell prom my soph. yr (04') lol and he was one of the 31 students who attended the high school... Those country folk got me drunk and i walked into an electrical fence at a field party, to say the least I was shocked... haha
                    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Oh yeah... forgot to add i was referring to Dickman
                      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Great article on Chris Dickman. The story doesn't mention his 3.95 GPA as a mechanical enigineering major. He was the Scholar Athlete introduced before last Sunday's baseball game. I met him briefly. What an impressive man.

Comment

Chris had a 3rd place finish in the Kansas Relays meet this week.

I read about the results yesterday so forgive me if my "facts" are a bit off.

He won the 1500 by almost 6 seconds. He also had the best score in the pole vault and at least 1 other event (perhaps the 100).

He scored in the 6900+ range. If I found the right number, 7500 is the qualifying number for Nationals.

Not surprisingly (considering his tremendous wheels) the strength events are killing him. The javelin is especially weak in comparison to the other competitors. They'd better pray he isn't spending any time chatting it up with Kyle Becker and the boys because if he narrows the gap at all in these weaker events, he's going to challenge Raven Cepeda for the Valley crown.

I hope that we get the Valley championships back in Wichita before he graduates, but I am not holding my breath.

Comment

Chris is a great person; I talked with him a week or two ago. There was another student (from rural Kansas, I believe) who was thinking about walking onto the track team and is a friend of Chris. (Of course, I don't know if he would have been as good as Chris but he is also a great person.) This student played on an intramural basketball team (with Chris, I think) and seriously injured his knee when another player undercut him coming down with a rebound. (This "undercutting player" had previously injured another player the same way and was banned from intramurals - there are a lot of jerks in the world.) With better luck, WSU might have two stories about walk-ons who are good athletes and good students.
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                            X