Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU Bowling Evolution (or is that Revolution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Bowling Evolution (or is that Revolution)

Apparently, two-handed bowling is the newest development in the bowling world and the Shockers have recruited two left-handed, two-handed bowlers (Wesley Low and Packy Hanrahan) which according to Paul Suellentrop are the rarest of all bowlers. The two-handed approach is rare, but growing, with Australian PBA star Jason Belmonte leading the charge.

One of these recruits, Wesley Low has been bowling that way since he was 3 and is quite accomplished. At 15, Low became the youngest bowler to win a PBA event, the 2013 PBA Non-champion West Tournament in Las Vegas. His international experience includes three years on Junior Team USA and gold medals at the World Bowling Youth Championships, the Pan American Confederation Youth Championships and the Tournament of the Americas.

In addition to the dos-handed lefties Coach Vadakin landed a commitment from Kamron Doyle, a senior in high school in Brentwood, TN, last summer in Chicago. Doyle is a four-time Junior Team USA member and won the Team USA trials. A year ago, he won the PBA Marion (N.C.) Open to become the second-youngest bowler (age 16) to win a PBA event, behind Low.

“You’d have to say they are the most outstanding youth bowlers, for their age, that has ever played the game,” Vadakin said. “I don’t know of any two that are any more accomplished than these two.” Vadakin said Low and Doyle, who bowled together on Team USA, wanted to attend the same college.

Sounds like Coach Vadakin is not resting on his laurels.

Low and Hanrahan know their form is met with some skepticism. A look at Low’s Facebook page proves that. Some wonder if the technique is cheating. Others object, because the one-handed approach is the tradition. I had to chuckle at that. This kind of reminds me of the two-handed backhand in tennis which began taking over as the standard in the 1960's.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 9, 2015, 04:21 PM.

If you are interested they have a great clip on u tube. Amazing speed and revolution on the ball

Comment

Comment

I could not figure out how to post the video of the dos lefty Shocker dos-handers but you can view it at Kansas.com

Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 9, 2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I could not figure out how to post the video of the dos lefty Shocker dos-handers but you can view it at Kansas.com

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e38148276.html
          It's on YouTube now.

Comment

Working...
          X