Kord Ferguson transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kord Ferguson transferring

Kord Ferguson, one of the nation’s best throwers at Ottawa High, is transferring to Alabama, according to WSU track and field coach Steve Rainbolt. Ferguson redshirted this year as a freshman. He holds the Kansas Class 4A meet records in the discus (206 feet, 2 inches) and the shot put (64-7 1/2)

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
    I'm really disappointed to hear this. I was looking forward to following his progress as a Shocker.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I'm really disappointed to hear this. I was looking forward to following his progress as a Shocker.
    No question, that is very disappointing. I think Kord will have a very good college career. Hate to lose a talent like that. I wonder what the real story is behind that move?

Comment

Girlfriend

Comment

Does anyone else immediately think of Turd Ferguson?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          Not sure I would say that to him in person.

Comment

Yep, I think the same thing when I see his name.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Turd Furgeson. Funny Name. Funny Name.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                He was compensation for Alabama losing Marshall.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                  Turd Furgeson. Funny Name. Funny Name.
                  It's funny because, it's bigger than a regular hat.

Comment

Actually, my initial thought in June 2014 was we just signed King Kong Kord.

Comment

Kord Ferguson finished 5th in the shot put at the SEC Indoor Championships with a put of 59-4.75. That would have been good enough for 2nd place at the Valley Indoor Championship.

Of course, Kord's best event is the discus.

Sure hated to see him transfer to Alabama.

Comment

At the Maryland Eastern Shore men's basketball game a rather large young man wearing an Alabama jacket entered the arena ticket office just ahead of me. I wondered at the time if it might have been Kord Ferguson. I thought it looked kind of like him but that if it was he has added quite a bit of bulk on his frame since I saw him in action at the USTF Junior Nationals when he won the discus in 2014.

Never did hear what the story was with Kord transfering but hated to see him go. Maybe he just missed the Koch Arena atmosphere for men's basketball.

Caveat: I could be wrong how many 6'5" college age beasts wearing Alabama jackets do you run into at WSU games.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 22, 2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X