Golf - NCAA Regional at San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOOM!

LCB birdies his 18th and the Shocks are alone in 3rd at +5 for the day.

OU leads at -4 and appears in great shape to take the regional. ETSU is at +1. A load of teams are right behind the Shocks, but then again, they are right behind WSU!

Comment

The #12 seeded Shocks finish off their round with a very solid 4-over par effort that puts them alone in 3rd place.

Grant Bennett lead the way today with a 3-under 69, followed by LCB who birdied his final hole to finish at even par 72, Gage Ihrig, after starting his round with 3 consecutive bogeys, rallied to shoot even par over his final 15 holes and finish with a 75 and Conrad Walcher was at 4-over 76. Alex Heinen could not recover form his opening hole quintuple bogey and he had the Shocks throw away score at 10-over 82.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Alex did do pretty good considering. He scored a +5 on his first hole and ended with a +5 on the final 17 holes. If he is able to build on his last 17 holes the Shocks should do fine.

Comment

Today's team leaderboard was a little bit topsy-turvy. OU is the #3 seed so seeing them at the top of the board is no surprise. OU is followed by #7 East Tennessee State, #12 Wichita State, #11 St. Mary's with #9 San Diego and #13 Eastern Kentucky tied from 5th place. However, EKU is still on the course and could move up or down yet.

I suppose that is why the play 3 rounds.

I do think the Shocks are capable of competing for a top 5 spot however. Hopefully, Alec Heinen can shake off today and at least keep the Shocks one-car margin of error intact.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            BOOM!

LCB birdies his 18th and the Shocks are alone in 3rd at +5 for the day.

OU leads at -4 and appears in great shape to take the regional. ETSU is at +1. A load of teams are right behind the Shocks, but then again, they are right behind WSU!
            The leaderboard now shows the Shocks at -4 for the day. They apparently had an error on Grant Bennett's score as they now show him at 3-under 69 which puts him in a 3-way tie for 1st place on the individual board.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Check out the ASU scorecard. Their #1 (I think) had 7 birdies and 1 bogey.

And still finished +3 or something. Those guys were all over the course, and making a ton of birdies. If they clean that up, they will roll like a freight train up the leaderboard.

Comment

Everybody except Ole Miss is within 10 strokes of 5th place teams. That is not that much of lead with 2 rounds to play. Even Ole Miss who is 17 shots out of 5th place at +26 is not necessarily out of it yet but they have dug a pretty good hole at this point. Hard to climb over that many teams.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Check out the ASU scorecard. Their #1 (I think) had 7 birdies and 1 bogey.

And still finished +3 or something. Those guys were all over the course, and making a ton of birdies. If they clean that up, they will roll like a freight train up the leaderboard.
                  That ASU's #1 scorecard was pretty colorful.

Comment

#13 seeded EKU did fall back into a tie for 7th at 11-over. EKU started on No. 1 and they were sitting at 2-under after finishing the front 9. However, they limped home at 13-over on the back 9.

Comment

The Shocks are starting on #1 today. The guys are scheduled to tee off between 11:15 and Noon CDT and we are paired with leader Oklahoma and 2nd place East Tennessee State. This is the final group of team pairings with only last place Mississippi and the 10 individual players starting later on #10.

Let's get 'er done Shocks.

Comment

Arizona State is already off to a hot start, moving up three spots to 6th, shooting -3 as a team.

Comment

I don't know what it is with the crooked numbers, but Cohen Boyer carded a 9 on the par 5 3rd. At least he followed it up with a birdie. He's at +4 and currently the throwaway score for WSU.

Comment

When I play golf, the rules on the score sheet say that the max for each hole is 6 (I assume to prevent me from rage-damaging the windmill and stupid hanging log). They should double-check to see if that rule applies here.

Comment

Now Walcher triples on six. WSU at +5 but still in 3rd.

OU hasn't missed a beat. They are already -5 with an overall lead of 13 over ETSU and 18 over WSU. Virginia, Idaho and Georgia Tech are on the Shocks' heels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                When I play golf, the rules on the score sheet say that the max for each hole is 6 (I assume to prevent me from rage-damaging the windmill and stupid hanging log). They should double-check to see if that rule applies here.
                                "You gonna die clown!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X