No announcement yet.

Shocker Men's Outdoor Track & Field 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The form chart linked to on the Shocker T&F Blog has not been updated and it does not tie into the numbers shown as current projected scores. Just for the fun of it I did my own form chart update. My projection has SIU at 149 points and WSU at 148 points. In other words dead even unless one team or the other goes way off form again like SIU did in today's high jump. Should be a very interesting day.

Comment

The form chart should be updated here: http://shockertrack.blogspot.com/

It lines up with what is on the blog. But you're right doing your own formchart and keeping track is a lot of fun!

Go Shocks! Win two tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
        The form chart should be updated here: http://shockertrack.blogspot.com/
        I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the Current Form Chart link I get a worksheet that shows Shocker Men 148 and SIU Men 139 which is different then the projected scores of 153-147.

For the Women the worksheet shows Indiana State 154 and Wichita State at 152 while the projected scores are Wichita State 173 - Indiana State 155

Comment

I checked the Form Chart on the blog again this morning and the updated scores and projections are now in place.

I compared my Form Chart to the experts and reviewed the events where there were differences and made a couple of adjustments.

The experts have it SIU 153 - WSU 147. The amateur now has it SIU 152 - WSU 149.

Either way this will be very close.

Weather looks like it will be in the mid-70's today but with high humidity and with winds at 20+mph. Not ideal.

Field events are just starting at 10:00 am with the Men's PV and the Women's TJ. The wind could make those interesting, especially the PV.

Running events are schedule from 11:30 am through 3:00 pm
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 17, 2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

The pole vault results have probably sunk any chance the Shocker men had. SIU scored a whopping 22 points (+8) and the Shocks were shutout (-5).

Way to much ground to make up at this point.

Comment

Final Score: SIU 159 - WSU 143

If the Shocks could have stay within 8 or 9 points heading into the final two running events (5K and 4x400) it may have gotten real interesting. Credit goes to SIU however. Their championship effort was highlighted by big performances in the long jump and in the pole vault.

Comment

I never did see a posting of the results for today's men's triple jump and discus results. Looking forward to seeing what Kord Ferguson will bring to the table in the discus and the shot put as a redshirt freshman.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 17, 2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I never did see a posting of the results for today's men's triple jump and discus results. Looking forward to seeing what Cord Ferguson will bring to the table in the discus and the shot put as a redshirt freshman.
                  STILL waiting on Discus and Triple Jump results, they're still not posted. Not sure why so slow.

Anyway, good competitive meet today all around. SIU had everyone perform beyond expectations to get the win. They scored a LOT of points they weren't supposed to score.

Again, will be interested to see how they handle the wind aided records.

Comment

17 Shocker athletes (7 women and 10 men) will be competing in 20 events in the NCAA West preliminaries in Austin, Texas on May 28-30.

Brady Johnson will compete in both the 5K and 10K runs. That's a tough double.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

NCAA West Preliminaries Begin Today

Scheduled Times (CDT) For Shocker Men:

Thursday - May 28:

1:30 PM - Long Jump - Fr. Tate Annis (Top 12 Advance to Nationals)

5:00 PM - 400 Hurdles - So. Jonathan Duvall (Top 3 From Each of 6 Heats + Next 6 Times to Quarterfinals on Friday)

9:40 PM - 10,000M - So. Brady Johnson (Top 12 Advance to Nationals)

Friday - May 29:

2:00 PM - Hammer Throw - Jr. Weston Cottrell, Jr. Skylar Arneson and Jr. Taylor Goldsmith

7:45 PM - 400 Hurdles (If Qualifier) - So. Jonathan Duvall (Top 3 From Each of 3 Heats + Next 3 Times to Nationals)

Saturday - May 30:

12:00 PM - Javelin - So. Chase Pote, So. Dylan Reimer and Fr. Aaron True

6:00 PM - Triple Jump - Jr. Shazz Michael Lindo

9:40 PM - 5,000M - So. Brady Johnson (Top 12 Advance to Nationals)

Sounds like they could be dodging raindrops in Austin during the meet so it remains to be seen if they will be able to keep everything on schedule.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 28, 2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Jonathan Duvall did advance to the quarterfinals tomorrow in the 400H. He qualified 17th with a time of 51.92 which is about a second off his season best. He will need to move up 5 spots to advance to nationals tomorrow at 7:45 PM.

As expected Fr. Tate Annis did not advance in the long jump but had a reasonably solid jump at 23' 8.25" about 7.5 inches short of his season best. Tate finished 28th in a field of 48 jumpers. Had he matched his season best he would have finished 22nd still not good enough to advance to the nationals. But a very good experience for the Shocker freshman and something to build on.

Comment

Brady Johnson did not fare well in the 10K Thursday night finishing well off the pace needed to qualify for nationals. He ran a 32:02.10 which was well off his season best of 29:21.39.

Comment

I thought Jonathan Duvall looked a little soft as a freshman last year. Looks like he is turning into a typical WSU-trained athlete.

Comment

Taylor Goldsmith leads the hammer throw at the end of the first flight, with a toss of 203-7, which I think is a PR.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Taylor Goldsmith leads the hammer throw at the end of the first flight, with a toss of 203-7, which I think is a PR.
                                None of the Flight 3 guys have thrown yet so not sure how that distance will hold up. But I think it is a PR for Taylor and a great effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X