No announcement yet.

Men's Cross Cross Country 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that's very good, also considering it's the fastest time ever run in the state of Kansas! You're correct Chris only has indoor and outdoor track eligibility remaining this year (you can redshirt different seasons in CC/track). I hear he is regularly running about 120 miles a week - that's more than I drive some weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Shocker Senior Chris Burnett on fire at the Prairie Fire. Qualifies for the Olympic Trials. That's good isn't it?

I don't think Chris is running XC this fall but will participate in the Indoor and Outdoor T&F seasons this winter and next spring.
      Umm.....

The Bainbridge, N.Y. native defeated second-place finisher Benard Langat of Santa Fe, N.M. by just over three minutes to earn the win. Also, Burnett’s record-breaking time of 1:04.24 was over two minutes faster than the previous state record.The Bainbridge, N.Y. native defeated second-place finisher Benard Langat of Santa Fe, N.M. by just over three minutes to earn the win. Also, Burnett’s record-breaking time of 1:04.24 was over two minutes faster than the previous state record.

I read that as Bernard Lagat.....seemingly a name so close that it was almost intentional and thought, damn, if this kid just beat Lagat by 3 minutes, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Shocker Senior Chris Burnett on fire at the Prairie Fire. Qualifies for the Olympic Trials. That's good isn't it?

I don't think Chris is running XC this fall but will participate in the Indoor and Outdoor T&F seasons this winter and next spring.
        Fantastic!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The Shocker men are picked by the league coaches to finish 6th in the MVC XC Championships this Saturday in Carbondale. However, Drake who was picked in 7th only trailed the Shocks by 4 points in the poll and they actually received 1 first-place vote. Based on the voting the middle of the pack (4th through 7th) could be pretty competitive. Let's hope the Shocks have a strong run and perhaps move up a notch or two.

Bradley is favored to win both the men's and the women's championships but could receive strong challenges from SIU and ILS.

Thank goodness the unseasonably warm weather has moved on. Weather for Saturday morning in Carbondale looks to be cool (perhaps in the 40's), dry with single digit winds. Perfect for XC.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 29, 2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Actually the men were picked 6th in the poll but I think they are definitely going to finish better than that Saturday. I imagine most of the coaches looked at the pre-nationals as the predictor as the Shocks had their worst meet of the season there. The entire predicted finish could likely be turned upside down this weekend - let's hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
              I imagine most of the coaches looked at the pre-nationals as the predictor as the Shocks had their worst meet of the season there. The entire predicted finish could likely be turned upside down this weekend - let's hope so!
              IIRC, the pre-nationals were ran in muddy conditions. Looks like conditions should be pretty good Saturday and the course should be dry.

Comment

The Shocker men, picked 6th, finished 5th at Carbondale.

But it was a closed shave as the middle of the pack was very tightly bunched. The Shocks at 116 finished only 6 spots behind 4th place Illinois State (110) but they also where only 1 place ahead of 6th place Drake (117) and 7th place Loyola (118).

Indiana State and Southern Illinois tied at 73 with the Sycamores winning in a tiebreaker. Inidana State Jr. John Mascari won the 8K race in 23:48.21

The Shocks did not land anyone runners on the Valley All-Conference Team (Top 10)

Shocker's Top 5 were:
                15. Jr Paul Raymond 24:47.07 (All-Conference Honorable Mention)
                22. Sr Ryan Hocker 25:01.91
                23. Fr Kyle Larkin 25:01.95
                26. So Ugis Jocis 25:09.44
                30. Sr Robbie Martinez 25:22.85
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 1, 2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X