Football Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Photos

Quick question, does anyone on this forum have any football photos in color? I am a graphics major and football uniforms always fascinated me. Especially since Wichita used the same style of uniforms in the 70's that Texas A&M and Mississippi State did, and are using in a more modern fashion now. I was looking more towards the 1980-1986 football season of WSU and I found some images on Google and other image sites, but not a lot, nor full uniform shots, more jersey than anything else. If there are older photos you would like to share I would appreciate that as well! Thank you! :peaceful:

The ones here aren't in color, but @WstateU: might be able to help you.

Comment

Go to Ablah and ask to see the Parnassus collection. Some of the early 80's are in color, some are black and white I think. But I do know for certain there will be a few color photos in one of the 80's years.

Special collections will have game programs as well I think.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

There are several players from that era still in the community. PM me and I can give you some info to get ahold of a couple of them. They may have pictures they would be glad to share.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          The ones here aren't in color, but @WstateU: might be able to help you.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...light=football
          Sorry, no color photos...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'm a graphics major at Pittsburg State while the rest of my family lives in Lawrence. I get all the die hard KU stuff shoved down my throat while quietly rooting for Wichita or else my family disowns me lol. Whole reason behind this is because I've seen a lot of black and white pictures and wanted to try and make those color if i could for photography classes. I know living a few hours away some people say "why not go to Wichita?" and money is the main issue for a college kid in debt, so I greatly appreciate any help.

Comment

Originally posted by kc_brigade88 View Post
              Thanks Guys, I'm a graphics major at Pittsburg State while the rest of my family lives in Lawrence. I get all the die hard KU stuff shoved down my throat while quietly rooting for Wichita or else my family disowns me lol. Whole reason behind this is because I've seen a lot of black and white pictures and wanted to try and make those color if i could for photography classes. I know living a few hours away some people say "why not go to Wichita?" and money is the main issue for a college kid in debt, so I greatly appreciate any help.
              Just curious: How did you end up a Shocker fan?

Comment

I moved around a lot in high school. Lived in Lawrence, Omaha, and Tulsa (3 high schools in 4 years). I know the Tulsa-WSU rivalry (if that is a heated rivalry I've never seen it) and I know the Creighton-WSU rivalry before CU made the jump to the Big East. I've always like Wichita from living in Lawrence and rooting for the underdog in the dominant KU/CU/OKST places I've lived. My dad was born in Omaha so I've been a Cornhusker fan in football for 20 years. Knowing Nebraska sucks in basketball it was either KU or die living in Lawrence. My dad dated a woman in the early 2000's and her son was best friends with Jamar Howard. I never really rooted for Wichita until 06 when the Shockers made their Sweet 16 run. Since then, I've been Cornhusker football and Shocker basketball. I guess I'm just drawn to farming mascots like shocking wheat or husking corn haha

Comment

Working...
                X