The real reason intramural football fell through at Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real reason intramural football fell through at Wichita State

I had a conversation last weekend with a friend of the young entrepreneur who tried to get a intramural football team started at Wichita State. He claimed that WSU and the entrepreneur pretty much made an agreement between them to drop the idea... For the sake of the entrepreneur's safety... Safety supposedly from people who were involved with WSU football back in the 80's when it was cancelled because they were so corrupt. I guess the entrepreneur received threatening emails. The story was interesting needless to say.. According to this guy, A LOT more was going on than just WSU stepping in and saying "If anyone enrolled at WSU wants to play football, go play for the Wichita Wild."

Am I understanding you to say that these corrupt individuals are still so upset that they will issue threats to ensure football doesn't return in any form?

Comment

Well come on Paul Harvey, tell us the rest of the story. As it stands now the story makes no sense.

Comment

I bet Columbo could get to the bottom of this.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Columbo? How old are you? Not Kojak? Banacek?

Comment

I enjoy that your 5000th post was about Columbo.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Never seen Columbo. But I loved him in The Princess Bride
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah that's what the guy was getting at. There are still people around the Wichita area who were affiliated with WSU football in the 80's and for whatever reason, they started issuing threats via email to this WSU student who tried to breath life back into the football scene. None of this would surprise me honestly. It's very odd that WSU doesnt have a football team. Supposedly the WPD was called and they even verified that these threats from these individuals have happened before. Just another classic example of a lot more going on behind the scenes than what fans are led to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Never seen Columbo.
                  Get outta here. One of my all-time faves. The bizarro world Monk I suppose. However, I have to admit I have never seen Mrs. Columbo.

Comment

Never seen Monk either
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Loved Columbo and Monk both. Mrs Columbo wasn't on long.

Comment

I have been on Shockernet since we had our handles "DUShock" as we'll as our names and city of residence, and I have been a moderator for most all of it, which is to say I have seen a lot of threads. Of all the WSU related threads this one is the most bizarre. I sincerely hope the young entrepreneur contacted law enforcement if he/she is receiving threats.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Wild. I knew we we bad and naughty at times but not down right bad to the bones.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

i dont think things are as bad as claimed, but I can personally attest to the coersion efforts of some to ensure Shocker Football does not return .

Charles Koch could write a $50 million dollar check tomorrow and we would not get football

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              i dont think things are as bad as claimed, but I can personally attest to the coersion efforts of some to ensure Shocker Football does not return .

Charles Koch could write a $50 million dollar check tomorrow and we would not get football
                              Just curious as to the rational behind this? Who is threatened, or stands to lose something, if football is brought back, (properly funded and not at the expense of other sports.)

Comment

Working...
                              X