2024-25 Shocker Men's Bowling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-25 Shocker Men's Bowling

One of the upsides of moving the Women's Bowling Team to the Shocker NCAA program portfolio is that shines a brighter spotlight on the sport than it had previously. Unfortunately, the Shocker Men's Bowling Program remains more in the shadows thanks to Title IX requirements.

We've added a women's bowling topic in the Women's Sport category so I thought it would appropriated to do the same for the Shocker men's bowling team although news may not be quite as easily accessible for the men as it will be for the women.

Wichita State Men's Bowling Home Page

Wichita State Men's Bowling X Account

2024-25 Shocker Men's Bowling Schedule

Both the Shocker women and the Shocker men are scheduled to bowl in the Mid-States Championships in Wichita this weekend at Bowlero Northridge. This appears to be a USBC event. I'm sure more details will be forthcoming this week. This will be the only Wichita tournament for the bowling teams this academic year.

It is interesting to see the difference in fan communication and engagement and the amount of administrative support there is for the women now that they are part of the Wichita State's NCAA portfolio of sports vs what they had previously and what the men continue to have.

For example, as far as I can tell the Shocker Men's team has not yet posted their 2024-25 roster.

Comment

Working...
    X