USATF U20 Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF U20 Championships

Go Shockers - Three Shockers, One Signee to Compete at USATF U20 Championships

Three Wichita State freshmen and one 2024-25 signee are scheduled to compete in the USATF U20 Championships June 12-13 at Hayward Field.

The top two athletes in each event will be named to the 2024 World Athletics U20 Championships national team. The World U20 Championships will take place Aug. 27-31 in Lima, Peru.

Josh Parrish, who was the American Athletic Conference Runner Up in the 110-meter hurdles and placed third in the long jump, will compete in both events at the U20 Championships. He is set to long jump on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. CT/1:30 p.m. PT and will race in the hurdles prelim on Thursday at 7:03 p.m. CT/5:03 p.m. PT. If he makes the final, he will run again at 8:27 p.m. CT/6:27 p.m. PT.

Jason Parrish, an NCAA West Preliminaries qualifier, will compete in the 400-meter hurdles prelim on Wednesday at 6:52 p.m. CT/4:52 p.m. PT. If he makes the finals, he will run again on Thursday at 7:45 p.m. CT/5:45 p.m. PT.

Wichita State signee Bronson Krainak is set to compete in the javelin on Wednesday at 4 p.m. CT/2 p.m. PT. Krainak, a native of Danville, Pa., won the PIAA State Championships and hold a personal best mark of 215'8".

SCHEDULE
    Wednesday

M Long Jump – Josh Parrish – 3:30 p.m. CT/1:30 p.m. PT
    M Javelin – Bronson Krainak – 4 p.m. CT/2 p.m. PT
    M 400H – Jason Parrish – 6:52 p.m. CT/4:52 p.m. PT​

Thursday

M 110H Prelim – Josh Parrish – 7:03 p.m. CT/5:03 p.m. PT
    M 110H Final – Josh Parrish – 8:27 p.m. CT/6:27 p.m. PT​
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Josh Parrish has the 7th best time in the field of 25 in the 110m hurdles at 13.82. The best time, by far, is from and Auburn freshman at 13.18. However, in the long jump Josh has the top PB in the field of 18 at 26-0.75. However, that jump seems to be somewhat of an outlier for Josh as his 2nd best jump in 8 meets as a Shocker freshman was 24-11 at the AAC Championships. However, that jump would still be 4th best in the field. So Josh has a chance in the long jump to perhaps finish top 2 with a strong showing.

Jason Parrish has the 6th best time in the filed of 18 in the 400m hurdles.

Incoming freshman Bronson Krainak's PB of 215-8 would easily be the best mark on this year's Shockers team (freshman Jordan Rider topped the Shocks this year at 191-0). Bronson has the 4th best throw in the field of 21. With a strong showing he could also be in the hunt for a top 2 finish.

Bronson's PB would have finished 4th at this year's AAC Championships. Jordan's 191-0 was 6th and sophomore Blake McCormick was 7th at 188-10. So Coach Hetzendorf seems to be rebuilding his javelin squad.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; 1 week ago.

Comment

Did you see the very nice Weights commit we had yesterday? Not the right thread, I know, but thought I would at least bring it deserved attention.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Did you see the very nice Weights commit we had yesterday? Not the right thread, I know, but thought I would at least bring it deserved attention.
        I did not. But just commented on it here: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...60#post1449160

Comment

Just want to thank 1972Shocker for all the work he does throughout the season but especially when it comes to Track and Field and also SubGod22 for starting these related topics.

I adore T&F but it gets away from me (out of sight out of mind) and you both bringing it to the front is very much appreciated by me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Josh Parrish has the 7th best time in the field of 25 in the 110m hurdles at 13.82. The best time, by far, is from and Auburn freshman at 13.18.
            FYI at the U-20 Championships the men run 39" hurdles instead of 42".

Comment

After 3 jumps Josh is sitting in 3rd after 3 attempts in the long jump with a leap of 24-3.5. If I understand this correctly, the top 8 guys get 3 additional attempts. Josh is in the hunt for a top 2 spot.

Josh has 2 more jumps left but needs a big one. The top 2 guys are currently at 25-6.75 and 24-10.5.

Josh nails his 5th attempt soaring 25-0.75 to move into 2nd place. But a guy who had fouled on 3 of his first 5 attempts and was at 24-1.50 cranked out a 25-4.50 to move past Josh into 2nd place with Josh yet to take his final attempt.

Josh unable to improve on his best mark with his final attempt and finishes in 3rd place with a very good performance. Came up just 4 inches shy of making the 2024 World Athletics U20 Championships national team.

Heartbreaking for Josh.

Comment

The set up on the javelin the same as for the long jump. The top 8 guys after 3 throws get 3 additional attempts.

Incoming Shockers Bronson Krainak just does squeeze into the finals sitting 8th after 3 throws with a best sling of 192-4. He is still in the hunt for a top 2 finish but he probably needs to come close to his personal best of 215-8 on one of his final 3 attempts to get that done.

Bronson improves to 200-10 inches to move up to 4th place after 5 throws but he needs to find another 10 to 15 feet on his final attempt.

Bronson throwing 1st over the final 3 attempt since was in 8th after the 1st 3 attempts. He gives it a good go improving a little bit to 202-2 but the won't move him up. So he will finish 4th. Heck of an effort for the young man. Looking forward to what he will do as a Shocker.

The 3 guys who finished ahead of Bronson had marks of 218-11, 209-01 and 207-05.

Over all 6 throws Bronson was much better and more consistent then the 3rd place finisher with the exception of one big throw on the 1st attempt.

I guess it's possible Bronson could get another crack at this next year.

Comment

In the 400m hurdles prelims the top 3 finishers in each of 2 heats,plus the next 3 fastest times advance to the 9-man finals on Thursday evening.

Jason Parrish has qualified as one of the next 3 fastest times (6th fastest in the field) with a mark of 52.15 to advance to Thursday's finals. I think he has more left in him.

Comment

Josh Parrish matched his brother's 400m hurdle prelim performance as he qualified for the 9-man 110m hurlde finals with a new PB time of 13.70 which was the 6th fastest qualifying time.

In the 400m hurdle finals Jason Parrish finished in 5th place with a time of 52.35.

About and hour and half later Josh finished 8th with a time of 14.37 indicating he must have had an issue arise.

In any case I think it was a very representative show by our young Shockers/Shockers-To-Be:

M Long Jump – Josh Parrish – 3rd
                    M Javelin – Bronson Krainak – 4th
                    M 400H – Jason Parrish – 5th​
                    M 110H – Josh Parrish – 8th

Onward and upward men.

Comment

Complete forgot about Estes return until you mentioned it. Our Men’s Throws could be very solid.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X