WSU 13 KU 10, 30 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU 13 KU 10, 30 years ago

Mike Kennedy is interviewed by Ted on KFH.

It starts at 11:55.

Really makes you wonder if anything would have been differnt had WSU beat either K-State or Tulsa, with a record of 9-2 instead of 8-3 and played in the Independence Bowl.

I was at KU that day-we went down on the field and the KU just sat there watching in stunned silence.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We actually had a weekly TV show on football at the time. 5 years later, no program.

Johhny on the spot, Rueben Eckols saved us a little embarrassment there.

I had a McRib sandwich as a pregame meal at the McDonalds on 23rd Street.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Mike Kennedy is interviewed by Ted on KFH.

It starts at 11:55.

Really makes you wonder if anything would have been differnt had WSU beat either K-State or Tulsa, with a record of 9-2 instead of 8-3 and played in the Independence Bowl.
        Those are great memories. It does make you wonder. If we had won either of those games and played in the Independence Bowl we might still have football today. And who knows what conference we would be playing in.

I also remember the last time we played K-state. It was in 1985 and it was in Manhattan. We kicked their butts. But it wasn't that surprising as Kstate was about the worse team in division 1-A at the time. It is amazing that just one year after that game WSU drops football and Kstate goes on to being a big 12 contender these days.

Comment

Working...
        X