Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Tennis Schedule Dropped

Go Shockers - Shockers Announce Spring Schedule

WICHITA – The Wichita State men's tennis team released its 2023 spring match schedule Thursday.

The Shockers open up in Arizona, where they will play four dual matches in three days, kicking the season off against Illinois in Tempe. They play one more road match in Fayetteville, Ark. before returning to Wichita for their home opener, a doubleheader against Omaha and Washburn on Jan. 22 at Genesis Health Club.

The Shockers are set to play 11 home matches, featuring a Feb. 3 matchup with Texas Tech, who finished the 2021-22 season at No. 41 in the ITA rankings. They will play two more home matches against opponents who ended last spring season ranked as they face Denver (No. 65) on Feb. 12 and Nebraska (No. 75) on Feb. 19.

The Shockers' toughest match comes on Feb. 5 against Oklahoma in Norman, Okla. The Sooners received votes in the Jan. 4 national coaches poll after defeating Louisville in the first round of the NCAA tournament last spring.

Wichita State will also get a taste of future American Athletic Conference opponents, Florida Atlantic and UTSA in back-to-back matches in San Antonio, Texas Feb. 25 and 26.

The regular season wraps up in Orlando, Fla. against Temple, giving the Shockers a preview of the courts at the USTA National Campus prior to the AAC Championship that will be played there from Apr. 21-23.
    I'm not sure what's expected of the men this year, but it sounds like a solid schedule
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Go Shockers - Shockers Announce Spring Schedule

I'm not sure what's expected of the men this year, but it sounds like a solid schedule
    With the turnover at the head coaching position, I don't think expectations are very high. I am glad that Kristof Minarik stayed around and I hope he has a good year. However, the team my struggle this year. This is a transition year for Darragh. Let's see how he does recruiting into next year. The AAC is a pretty tough tennis conference. Far tougher than the MVC ever was before dropping men's tennis altogether, although Drake was always tough.

Comment

Working...
    X