Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Men's Track & Field - Class of 2020

A few signings have been announced for the Class of 2020:

Looking at his high school numbers I am guessing that Brady is being recruited primarily as a high jumper. His jumps were kind of all over the place last spring but he jumped 6-10.25 last April and cleared 6-10.5 at the KSHAA Championships in Cessna Stadium last May. Those are terrific marks for a high schooler. 6-10.5 would have placed 5th in last year's AAC Outdoor Championships.

He also isn't bad in the long jump with a PR of 20-10 which is not bad but he would need to get to 24-25 feet to be competitive at the top of the AAC.

Doesn't look like he has done any triple jumping in high school.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2020, 04:29 PM.

Reaching across the pond:

Looks to be a 400 meter runner. The best time I could find was a 49.16 but that was April 2018 which would be a solid time for a 16.5 year old youngster.

Comment

Looks like primarily a sprinter. PR's from last spring are 11.11 in the 100, 22.22 in the 200 and 48.40 in the 400.

Comment

Staying close to home with this one:

Another sprinter/hurdler. Last year's state champion in the Class 6A 110m hurdles with a time of 14.17. His PR was set in the Class 6A regionals at 14.08. It's kind of hard to compare high school hurdle times to college because they hurdle 39" hurdles in high school and 42" in college but Shocker freshman Joe Holthusen finished 6th in last spring's AAC Outdoor with a time of 14.19.

Jaleel also has PR's of 11.01 in the 100 and 21.66 in the 200.

Jaleel gets his summer training done with the Shocker Track Club Youth Team so the Shocks have a pretty good idea what they are getting. It's only one hurle but he is smooth and quick over the hurdle and back down. Hopefully, he can hold that form with the 42" college hurdles.

Wichita Eagle interview at the end of last year's high school season. A very well spoken young man:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/varsit...ml/video-embed
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2020, 04:33 PM.

Comment

From our neighbors to the far north, eh!

Another sprinter and a good looking athlete. His PR's are 6.98 in the 60m indoor, 10.91 in the 100 and 21.81 in the 200.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

BTW, I was unaware that the Shocker Track Club had a Youth Team. The have some pretty cool tweets on their twitter page:

I may have to get me some Shocker Track Club gear:

Comment

Working...
            X