Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Break Ireland on Golf Channel

Former Shocker tees it up for 'Big Break Ireland'
    WICHITA, Kansas (KSN) -- Julien Trudeau, a former Wichita State University golfer, is hoping to make it big through reality television.

"The greatest piece of advice I got last year was just believe in yourself, and I've been starting to do that."

That was Julien said back in the summer of 2006 at the Southwest Kansas Pro-Am. He was on the heels of a successful career at Wichita State University.

"He had a lot of talent. And by the end of his fourth year, his senior year, he was starting to figure it out," said Grier Jones, WSU golf coach.

Fast forward to 2011, Julien is now 30 years old, and he still dreams of a life on the PGA tour.

"People say oh you're playing golf. Oh it's real tough, my life depends on me playing good."

He's been close before. Once missing his tour card by a single shot at a qualifying school and playing on the Nationwide Tour in 2010.

The latest opportunity is one he never imagined. He was cast as one of 12 on The Golf Channel's "Big Break Ireland".

Finals of Big Break Ireland on Golf Channel Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. Good luck Julien!!!

Comment

Yes, indeed. Good luck Julien. @SHOXMVC: thanks for the heads up on the time.

Comment

18-hole match play. Julien gets up 2 holes early, then struggles throught the middle holes and falls down 2 holes with three to play. Mark Murphy allows Julien back into the match with some poor shots and they go to sudden death. Julien hits it in the water on the 1st sudden death hole and loses the match.

Apparently, nerves were a problem for both players as both made some pretty poor shots. But it certainly was an exciting match.

Comment

Working...
        X