Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Men's T&F Incoming Class

Coach Rainbolt signs 16 newcomers:

WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State University men's track and field team has signed 16 student-athletes to National Letters of Intent to join the program for the upcoming 2011-12 season.

A list of incoming women's track and field student-athletes will be released later this week.

There is some help in the throwing events as well as distance running, areas where the team struggled to score.

Looking at PRs, times and distances in line with those PRs compare favorably to the top Valley marks suggesting very good opportunities to score next year where points were absent this season.

Looks like 'Bolt just reloaded for another shot at a top Valley finish. Well done coach.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Also looking forward to '74's analysis at some point.

Comment

Thanks for the link guys!

Yeah I think it was pretty obvious where the Shocker men's recruiting was focused. I imagine they were probably wanting to get a few more guy distance runners in there, the 2 they got look pretty good. Hopefully these guys can help the cross country team get back into the top half of the MVC this year. You also never know if they are still recruiting for January newcomers as well.

I agree that it looks like they are reloading for another run at the title. 6 of these 16 guys are either JUCO or 4-year transfers, which is probably higher than normal. Like in most sports you never really know how good the class is for a couple more years.

Early on i think UNI has the most coming back from last year (they finished 4th) and it looks like it will be another 4-way battle with WSU, UNI, Indiana St, and SIU. Go Shox!

Comment

Women's list just came up on Goshockers.

Comment

Working...
        X