No announcement yet.

Men's MVC Indoor Track & Field Championships - Feb 26-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good remarks above, the men did pretty much what they were expected. A LOT of track and field tomorrow and they could still go anywhere from 1st - 4th.

Even though Crawford isn't TJ'ing lookout for LJ champion Austin Bahner, who is entered in the TJ for the first time this year! Could be an upset!

Keep the pedal down fellas and bring back some hardware to Wichita!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74
      Even though Crawford isn't TJ'ing lookout for LJ champion Austin Bahner, who is entered in the TJ for the first time this year! Could be an upset!
      Cool....I was just wondering if Austin might be entered....hopefully it won't be too much of an adjustment and he can get some points. It would appear he has the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74
        Here is the rundown right now for the Shockers 131 pts ....

60m - 0
        200m - 15
        400m - 8
        800m - 2
        Mile - 1
        3k - 0
        5k - 2
        60 hurdles - 20
        4x4 - 10
        DMR - 5
        High Jump - 8
        Pole Vault - 1
        Long Jump - 21
        Triple Jump - 10
        Shot Put - 3
        Weight - 0
        Heptathlon - 25

Like Coach Rainbolt says, "we need some move up points!!"
        Today's update:

Heptathlon Prediction 25 Actual 32
        High Jump Prediction 8 Actual 12
        60m Prediction 0 Actual 0
        60 Hurdles Prediction 20 Actual 21
        Mile Prediction 1 Actual 4
        400 Prediction 8 Actual 5

So far, pretty good day for the men outpacing their expectations by 12 points with 6 events remaining. They also lead through 11 events by 5 1/2 points.

Remaining events to be scored:

800, 200, 5k, 4X4, shot and triple. This could come down to the 4X4 which is AWESOME if that happens.

Comment

Update: The men lead by 8 1/2 through 13 events scored.

I believe the same 6 events are left to be tallied.

Comment

It's tough to follow the details, but if their totals are correct, then there are only 4 events to be scored.

The 5k and 4X4 for certain....not sure about the other 2 but I am guessing it's the shot and triple, but like I said, it's hard to follow.

Comment

Nice effort by the Shocker Men finishing 3rd in a very tightly contested MVC Indoor Championship.

Indiana State - 139.5
              Southern Ill - 135
              Wichita State - 126.5
              Northern Iowa - 123
              Illinois State - 82
              Drake -48

Creighton, Bradley, Missouri State and Evansville do not field Men's Track & Field teams. :roll:

Shocks were very impressive in the Heptathlon. Considering the injuries the team had to battle through and Josh Crawford's suspension the Shocker Men did very will. Good job, Guys!

:goshocks:

Comment

I'm not sure if the 4X400 decided the event or not, but there were at least 2 crashes, and the WSU runner fell on either the 2nd or 3rd leg. I look forward to '74's report on the incident.

WSU was the prohibitive favorite, and the fall likely cost them 5 points, and gave ISU an additional 2....not enough to make a difference it looks like but is it another slap in the face to WSU served up by the Valley?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  I'm not sure if the 4X400 decided the event or not, but there were at least 2 crashes, and the WSU runner fell on either the 2nd or 3rd leg. I look forward to '74's report on the incident.

WSU was the prohibitive favorite, and the fall likely cost them 5 points, and gave ISU an additional 2....not enough to make a difference it looks like but is it another slap in the face to WSU served up by the Valley?
                  Maybe it's good that Josh was suspended or we might be looking at a Championship impacting event.

Comment

Wow, what an intense battle for the men's title!

WSU really had a great meet considering they were without one of their best athletes and the final scores aren't as close as the meet actually was. WuDrWu, you were right there were 2 crashes and an injury in the 4x4 (that's why UNI didn't finish). On the 3rd leg an Illinois St runner cut off Todd McKown and he went down in the pack, WSU was right in the mix and with Dylan Hartnett on the anchor could have definitely won the race. As a team they still would've been 3rd but they would've lost by about 6 pts instead of 13 - heartbreakingly close considering everything.

These guys really laid everything on the line and were devastated by losing in such a close battle. The atmosphere during the 4x4 was one of the most intense things I've ever seen - it's too bad more people weren't there to experience it.

Congrats guys on representing WSU well, go get 'em outdoor!!!

Comment

I was able to watch the race on the (predictably crappy) UNI feed, without audio but you could tell with the number of people running around on the track, and NOT in the race that it was chaotic to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                      X