Point Guard Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Guard Play

I stated this in the game thread but I think we saw a whole new Toure Murry tonight. He can be a very good point guard if he can get the scoring mentality out of his head. Concentrate on making passes and rebounding and the he'll have a much better game and make the rest of the team better. That's the Toure we need if we're going to progress going forward.

With this team, I am thankful we have 10 solid players. We never know who will be on or off on a given night. Coach Marshall coninues to search for combinations on the Valley back 9 that will help us find ways to win. I thought Rags did good too tonight, but his shot was off. Tonight, Toure' joined the 1000 point club and played under control!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Our performance at PG this year seems to be a constant game of hot potatoe. Just when we think one of them has figured it out...bam (img of Emeril here would be appropriate). Tonight Toure' was effective for a half, but what happens with the starting lineup on Saturday? Will it be Toure', Kyles, Smith or will Marshall stay with Rags or DWill at the PG?

Comment

Re: Point Guard Play

Originally posted by Dan
        I stated this in the game thread but I think we saw a whole new Toure Murry tonight. He can be a very good point guard if he can get the scoring mentality out of his head. Concentrate on making passes and rebounding and the he'll have a much better game and make the rest of the team better. That's the Toure we need if we're going to progress going forward.
        I don't know if it was a new Toure or a resurrected Toure. Maybe the OT effort Saturday night gets him out of his funk. Still think it will help if he puts the sleeve back on.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Like I have said until I am red in the face. "Will the real Shocker point guard please stand up." Even so, Rags and Toure' kept our turnovers at a mild roar while dispersing some nice assists. Now THAT is what FSF digs baby!!!

Comment

Did Williams even play?
            In the fast lane

Comment

yes, but not much

Comment

3 min in first half for Demetric

Comment

When DWill got out of control last game at 21st and Hillside in the 2nd half, his PT has been sparse.

Comment

D Will had two very questionable passes in the first half - back to back. Both could have been, maybe should have been turnovers. He was done for the night at that point. That doesn't mean he will not have valuable playing time the rest of the season.

Murry and Kyles have great chemistry together and work together very well on defense. We need them both in the game as much as possible whatever the position may be.

Comment

At this time, I think DWill is a stronger 2 than a 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        At this time, I think DWill is a stronger 2 than a 1.
                        Absolutely! There are certain instincts that good point guards have. DW does not have them. Let him use his speed as a 2.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                        X