How to win the battle for first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to win the battle for first

Sorry I haven't written in a while, the Stampede was in the middle of a deadline and I got really caught up with that.

Hope you all enjoy!

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Re: How to win the battle for first

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot
    Sorry I haven't written in a while, the Stampede was in the middle of a deadline and I got really caught up with that.

Hope you all enjoy!

http://www.examiner.com/wichita-stat...ting-for-first
    You go to SE right?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I think Aaron Ellis has to be the MIP. He has been way more consistent than DK and has even established himself as a bit of a leader.

Edit: It might be a toss-up between him and DK, but the conversation has to happen -- it's not automatically DK's, no way.

Edit, edit: Great article!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1

Hope you all enjoy!

You go to SE right?
        I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
          I think Aaron Ellis has to be the MIP. He has been way more consistent than DK and has even established himself as a bit of a leader.

Edit: It might be a toss-up between him and DK, but the conversation has to happen -- it's not automatically DK's, no way.

Edit, edit: Great article!
          It took a while for me to make up my decision between the two, trust me. I think they've improved about the same in play, Ellis may have the edge. But what sealed my decision was Kyles' attitude and how his improvement off the court and in practice has contributed to his in-game play.

Comment

Jerome hamilton freshman of the year?
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              Your vote goes to Richardson??
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                Least we know he's still on the team 8) :posterwu: :D
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  Least we know he's still on the team 8) :posterwu: :D
                  I used to tell my girlfriend that she was the best girlfriend I had. That was usually true.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Hope you all enjoy!

Why would you even give a Freshman of the year award? For your own credibility, it would be better to ignore this is a bad mark on the program.

Having a dead class will likely hurt this program. If you want to sustain success the program needs good recruiting classes every year.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Hope you all enjoy!

Why would you even give a Freshman of the year award? For your own credibility, it would be better to ignore this is a bad mark on the program.

Having a dead class will likely hurt this program. If you want to sustain success the program needs good recruiting classes every year.
                      That bit of it was satire.

Besides, I don't think it's that we have a dead class. Why would you play freshman when you have so many talented and experienced upperclassmen?

Comment

Hope you all enjoy!

Besides, I don't think it's that we have a dead class. Why would you play freshman when you have so many talented and experienced upperclassmen?
                        1st they are red-shirt freshman - so they should be able to contribute something. 2nd someday they might become sophomores and then you will need them to contribute.

I'm not talking about major minutes, but just getting them in some games where Shocks are easily winning and get an opportunity to work in the flow of the offense beyond the garbage time.

Comment

Hope you all enjoy!

1st they are red-shirt freshman - so they should be able to contribute something. 2nd someday they might become sophomores and then you will need them to contribute.

I'm not talking about major minutes, but just getting them in some games where Shocks are easily winning and get an opportunity to work in the flow of the offense beyond the garbage time.
                          I know what you mean. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1

Hope you all enjoy!

You go to SE right?
                            I do.
                            I did ('83), so did ABC, Mike Kennedy, and....
                            Kirstie Alley.
                            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Hope you all enjoy!

I know what you mean. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of those games.
                              Think about what you just said - WSU leads the MVC in point differential.

WSU has won 2 games by 40, 34
                              WSU has won 2 games by 21, 22
                              WSU has won 9 games by double digits (10-19 pts) - by an average 14.9 pts

WSU has only 2 wins that were less than double digits - 1 and 3

So I don't see that "Shocks have not been in a position to play them" works as an excuse. There are probably other things (at least Hamilton case we are learning a little more why he hasn't been playing).

Comment

Working...
                              X