X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXMVC
    Originally posted by WstateU
    Originally posted by cjp27
    I would like to see the team not commit turnovers on its first 2-3 possessions for the fifth straight game. Whatever combination it takes to get an actual shot off before the first TV timeout is the one that needs to start the game.
    Here's the plan... instead of going inside for an instant turnover; start David Kyles and have him launch NBA 3's during our first 6 possessions. :D
    That should equate to 6-9 points and better our chances of a quick start (see Tulsa game). Of course SHOXMVC would be immediately sent to the funny farm. :yes:
    The funny farm would be an upgrade for me. :yes:

I think you are right on. 2-6 for David is about right at his percentage for the past 12 games. Hey, points are points at the start of games for this team right now. I would take it and run...back to my room at the funny farm "Express." :)
    2 for 6 from three is the same as 3 twos in 6 possessions so I'd take that especially considering we have been lucky to get 2 to 3 shots up in our first 6 possessions lately.

The guys just need to be patient, work the defense and not force things. They should be able to get good shots.

Some of the passes we try to make into the interior (which happened numerous times against UNI) are simply hard to figure out. If it ain't there go another route. At some point you will find or make a hole to exploit.

Not sure how much of that is the perimeter passer's fault and how much is the interior guy being too passive in posting up. Perhaps a mix of both in varying degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest
      My starting lineup would not include TM until he gets out of his funk. A gauranteed 2 turnovers in the first couple of minutes is the crappiest way to a good start.

The all energy team makes more sense. GB, GH, JR, AE and Jamar.
      Agreed. If we somehow not turn it over for the first 2 possessions of the game on Saturday, I think we all will have a little more confidence.

The Suckamores need to have any chance they think they have drawn out early.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think the starting lineup will be:

Joe Ragland
        Toure Murry
        Graham Hatch
        Aaron Ellis
        Garrett Stutz

I think Blair will play the 5 first off the bench, to spell Stutz, with Ellis staying in. Ellis and Blair will be playing more than usual. Demetric, Kyles, Ben Smith will rotate in. Orukpe will probably see some minutes too, probably with Blair shifting to the 4 when Orukpe comes in.

We will miss Durley's offensive production during the game though.

Comment

I had an epiphany this morning. TM's problems started when he stopped wearing the sleeve. All he has to do is put the sleeve back on and all will be right with the world. Sometimes this stuff is just so easy. Go figure.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
          X