Sound familiar to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound familiar to anyone?

PHILADELPHIA -- Perhaps Old Dominion ought to petition for membership in the Atlantic 10.There, at least, the Monarchs are 3-0 this season, with wins against Richmond, Xavier and Dayton.

I'm glad we're not the only ones crying foul but I also hope they only get one bid and we get two. Isn't that terrible?

Good read, however, the CAA won't take a back seat to the Atl-10 this year. The Alt-10 has dropped and the two conferences are basically dead even. On top of that, it would appear that Temple, barring an upset in their conference tourney, will be their only rep to the dance this year. On the other hand, the CAA has 3 teams with higher expected RPIs than the #2 team from the Atl-10 and their record against the Atl-10 probably won't go unnoticed.

Comment

Re: Sound familiar to anyone?

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
      http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/21151/good-win-for-drexel-bad-loss-for-caa

I'm glad we're not the only ones crying foul but I also hope they only get one bid and we get two. Isn't that terrible?

I hope we both get 2 bids this year. What they are going through this year is exactly what the Valley went through for the last 3 years. Unfortunately we only ended up with one bid each of those years.

The selection committee does not reward balance in a conference. You need separation to get multiple bids.

Comment

It's going to get harder and harder for the Mids. The BCS schools sit side by side with us but refuse to play or want to play with some sort of advantage. A look at B12 non-conference scheduling shows they had 21 true away games, 39 neutral site games and 109 home games. The rest of the BCS leagues do the same thing. How much of an advantage is it when you only play 12% of your games on the other teams home court.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
        X