WSU #1 SoS in the Valley???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU #1 SoS in the Valley???

There's a stat that caught me by surprise.

WSU's SoS (realtimerpi) is 103. The closest teams to that are InSU at 136 and UNI at 139. UNI's game against NM isn't in the formula yet.

Even with all the 300+RPI cupcakes WSU scheduled, we ended up with the toughest OOC schedule in the league?

You would think that Jank at IlSU would have the softest schedule and you'd be right. You'd have to work hard on a schedule to intentionally get one below Jank's 311 SoS at IlSU.

You'd think that with Drake's miserable showing that they would have played a competitive schedule, but they didn't. Drake's 273 SoS is the second-softest in the league.

MSU didn't do themselves any favors with their 209 SoS. (4th softest in the league with SIU at 218.)
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Re: WSU #1 SoS in the Valley???

Originally posted by Aargh
    There's a stat that caught me by surprise.

WSU's SoS (realtimerpi) is 103. The closest teams to that are InSU at 136 and UNI at 139. UNI's game against NM isn't in the formula yet.

Even with all the 300+RPI cupcakes WSU scheduled, we ended up with the toughest OOC schedule in the league?

You would think that Jank at IlSU would have the softest schedule and you'd be right. You'd have to work hard on a schedule to intentionally get one below Jank's 311 SoS at IlSU.

You'd think that with Drake's miserable showing that they would have played a competitive schedule, but they didn't. Drake's 273 SoS is the second-softest in the league.

MSU didn't do themselves any favors with their 209 SoS. (4th softest in the league with SIU at 218.)
    This probably says more about the other teams in the Valley (and, for many, their success at winning with that easier schedule) than it does about WSU and their schedule.

Comment

The Atl-10 has 7 teams better than 58 SoS. C-USA, while having a softer overall schedule than the MVC, has teams at 52 and 82. SMU and Tulane are probably in the conference doghouse for their 337 and 342.

The Horizon and Colonial each have 4 teams better than 100. The WCC has 3.

Comment

Thanks Aargh. It is a shame we have such trouble getting a tough Non Con. Schedule. In terms of us coming out on the other side with only 2 losses is not bad at all. Even so, we go into Christmas with 2 nice wins that could have went either way. The UConn loss was a tough pill to swallow after leading 36 minutes of that game. San Diego State could have been a victory if played at 21st and Hillside.

The question is as we march into the Valley is how will we do on the road? With our experience and quality depth, I think pretty well. Being down versus Virginia around 18-2 and winning was a sign that we are developing a robust swagger. We also could have self-destructed in the LSU and Tulsa wins. We could have only 1 loss right now but yet 3-4 losses were staring us in the face.

When it all comes out in the wash, something tells me that this will be the special Season we have all been pointing to for years and one to remember. With that said, the Shocks have plenty of obstacles to overcome with Valley Teams throwing every thing at us including the kitchen sink. Coach Marshall will keep us on our toes and expecting the unexpected. We look good on paper, tall in airports, and tough to beat at 21st and Hillside. Now the rest has to be done on the hardwood.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

RealTime just updated. UNI comes in at 93 SoS and 48 RPI and WSU at 99 SoS and 50 RPI.

Comment

I'm no expert on such matters but UCon doing much better than expected probably really helped our SoS.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Pretty good reply FSF. I must admit I gloss over most of your posts because you are the eternal optimist with rose colored glasses whereas I am a realist.

We all have been waiting another special season since 07, and the way we finished the season last year after a pretty good record, 25-10 was a letdown.
              But this year is shaping up alright, and you are right, how will we do on the road? I think we will do okay with the cupcakes, but might have some problems with 2-3 other teams. How much grit will they have? Was the Virginia game a positive sign? I sure saw positive signs these last 2 games they won.

Comment

SOS Forecast:

Indiana State 85
                Bradley 96
                Missouri State 98
                Evansville 99
                Southern Illinois 101
                Wichita State 107
                UNI 111
                Creighton 112
                Drake 137
                Illinois State 152