Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa

Tulsa was an exciting basketball team. I could not believe they did not fold after the first couple of minutes. I used to hate Tulsa and loved beating them. This team and their coach gets a lot of respect from me. The players and coach conducted themselves in a manner that is hard not to respect. They didn't run up and down the court pounding their chest after each made shot as you see so many athletes do now days. There was little to no trash talking by either team just hard fought basketball. Another thing about the game was the officiating crew did not seem like they wanted to be the main attraction. I really liked the game, the players, the venue and I hope that every game between us is as well played as this one.

Their fan board does not share the same feelings for their coach as you do. They do not seem happy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
      Their fan board does not share the same feelings for their coach as you do. They do not seem happy at all.
      Are the 3 people who attend their games really that unhappy?
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I saw the same thing, and while I get being mad at not getting in the NCAA's, I have a hard time grasping why there is so much angst.

Coach Wojcik played under Skip Prosser, graduated from the Navel Academy and served 5 years. He coached at Notre Dame, UNC and Michigan State.

At Tulsa, after a 11-17 first season, all he's done is win 20, 25, 25 and 23 games since. He has the 4th most wins in school history and the only Tulsa coach ever to win 25 games in back to back seasons.

My guess is he knows a little about the game.

He's won 73 games in the last 3 years and has 2 guys injured right now. I think I'd give him a bit of a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I saw the same thing, and while I get being mad at not getting in the NCAA's, I have a hard time grasping why there is so much angst.

Coach Wojcik played under Skip Prosser, graduated from the Navel Academy and served 5 years. He coached at Notre Dame, UNC and Michigan State.

At Tulsa, after a 11-17 first season, all he's done is win 20, 25, 25 and 23 games since. He has the 4th most wins in school history and the only Tulsa coach ever to win 25 games in back to back seasons.

My guess is he knows a little about the game.

He's won 73 games in the last 3 years and has 2 guys injured right now. I think I'd give him a bit of a pass.
          I was reading the Tulsa board before the game and I read that Wojcik called the fans out 4 or 5 years and he did it again this year regarding their poor attendance.
          I thought he was a good coach from what I saw. He could have handled his big men's foul situation better, but easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            It wouldn't be a stretch that if a casual observer came here and read through just a couple of threads they would have the same reaction about WSU.

I spend very little time on any other fan site, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are loud vocal minorities on every fan site.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

TU up 48-31 at half over UTSA

Comment

TU wins 92-69

Hurtt has 3rd straight game of 30 plus.

Comment

TU wins 92-69

He's gonna be a star at some professional level.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

2nd game in a row Tulsa has been >50% from the field, >50% from 3 and >80% from the FT line.

That's shootin' it folks. They turned it over 4 more times than a decent UTSA team and won by 25.

I will be surprised if they win fewer than 20 games this season.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                      TU wins 92-69

He's gonna be a star at some professional level.
                      Better than Latham & Kelley? :D

Comment

Working...
                      X