Gabe's Back Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabe's Back Injury

It looks like Gabe's back is going to be more problematic than we were initially lead to believe. Back injuries are always tricky and easily aggravated in a physical sport like basketball.

Gabe has played in 8 games so the option of applying for a medical redshirt year is pretty much off the table.

Not sure how long it would take for the hairline fracture to heal completely, but it sounds like they are just going to try to get Gabe through the season without over-stressing his back. Not sure how limited he is in practice or conditioning, but it seems like the big year we were hoping to get from Gabe probably will not happen.

Let's hope it doesn't get any worse and we can continue to get 12 to 15 good minutes a game from Gabe.

Gabe

i have it from a good source that the crack in a verebrae of Gabe's is not in a load bearing area.

Comment

Re: Gabe

Originally posted by xazshox
      i have it from a good source that the crack in a verebrae of Gabe's is not in a load bearing area.
      What in the world does this mean? He's not a house!

Comment

Gabe

He probably couldn't play at all if the crack was in a load bearing area. Anything else I could say to answer your question would only be speculation on my part about where the crack is actually located.

Comment

That's an indication it is not in the lumbar vertebrae in the lower back but in the middle or upper portion of the back. Still it has been causing him enough pain to be limited in practice and be somewhat questionable for the LSU game.

What we don't know is whehter this injury can totally heal without complete rest. If not, then its something Gabe and 3G may have to deal with throughout the season.

Comment

Hairline cracks are just a slight nagging injury, not the type to completely incapicitate you. I am sure Gabe will be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X