No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS LSU DISCUSSION AND PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, the funny thing is Gregg's teams have almost always played good to VERY good defense.

Now that we finally have an offense that can compete with practically anyone, the defense has abandoned the Shocks.

Chemistry and defense will make the difference. I haven't seen a big helping of either to date.

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
      No one on SN has identified which WSU team is going to show up versus LSU. If it's the 1st half vs Alabama A&M team, we are doomed. I also hope it's a better WSU team that shows up versus LSU than we saw in the 2nd half of the Alabama A&M game. That, folks, was not a championship effort either.
      Since when is it our job to identify anything. This mode of communication is simply made for entertainment purposes only. I don't think we are held to any absolute accountability. How do any of us know what mental state they will show up with on Saturday? Yea, I agree if the effort we gave in the first half of AA&M will mean almost certain defeat. But guess, what...it isn't like LSU is putting a scare into anybody. This game boils down to WSU being as tough and focused as they can be for two hours.

Comment

I think those should be the watchwords for the entire season for the Shox....focused and tough. :good:

Comment

MTXE=CDFT=chemistry-defense-focused-tough=can drain free throws
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Until proven wrong I'll predict losses at any road game outside the conference cream puffs. I haven't seen anything from this team that they're prepared to fight through the home cookin' foul calls, crowd, hotel food and whatever else to tough out a true road win.

I stand fully ready to pick up enough speed running to jump on the bandwagon when they prove me wrong.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

If we lose this LSU game, paraprosdokians will flow on SN and leave a bad taste in Rosewood's mouth, worse than the stale nacho experience at 21st and Hillside, possibly causing the Sub to worry, leaving KCShox speechless, turning FSF into a eternal pessimist, prompting Trop to recruit even on Christmas Day, and the good Doc to up our scripts sky high?

The Shocks need a road win this Saturday and 'jump start' a solid run, clear into March. Maybe we now are a top 50 team that can peak and develop into a top 25 team when the time is right? Not if we do not learn to win in consistentely on the road. Opportunity is still knocking.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I understand posters tendancy to doubt the Shockers on the road. I get that. I remember my grandpapy telling me "Monica," he called me by my sisters name. "Monica, you have to decide to become a man. It's not an entitlement...it's earned." Saturday has to be the start to becoming men on the road for this team...period.

I don't know how good LSU is going to be this year, but they will be good going forward. They start 2 freshmen, 1 sophomore & 2 juniors. Their top 2 players are freshmen. Andre Stringer is a 5-9 PG and leads them in scoring (15.2) & assists (3.0). Stringer shoots 40% from beyond the arc, but commits as many TO's as assists. Ralston Turner, 6-6, FR, 3G scores 12.4 per game and makes 38% of his 3's. Aaron Dotson, a 6-4, SO, SG scores 10.7 points. He shoots 52% from the field, 61% from 3. Their junior frontcourt doesn't score alot. They go 6-7, 230 & 6-9, 225. They don't appear deep with players 6-8 play between 15-18 minutes per game.

Our backcourt experience, depth and talent should match up very well with the Tigers strength, while our size, depth and talent on the front-line should be a decisive advantage. Again, toughness & focus should win the day for the Shockers.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

After starting out 2-2, the LSU Tigers rattled off 4 straight wins over
                  Centenary, South Alabama, Houston, and Central Michigan.

They just lost to Coastal Carolina 69-78 in overtime, and they call their loss to Nicholls State an embarrasment. The other loss was to Memphis, 70-61.

They are currently 6-3, and play McNeese State Thursday night (tomorrow).

Being a road game, this game could be closer than what we might think. We need some of the toughness we showed in the UConn game to show up again.
                  We need to win this game.

Comment

We really need to win this game, but I question our ability to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Ummmmm, hellooooo........this is an away game folks, and we all know how well the Shox play away from home.

We are a better team, but the great equalizer is that we are the road team. It's a coin flip.
                      Do you believe we are an NCAA-type team or an NIT-type team? If we're dancing, this is a game we should win.

I would barely call this a "road" game in Bossier freaking City. Hell, the game in Baton Rouge barely had an atmosphere that would resemble neutral.

I agree that it's away at home and we'll probably struggle in some facet, but you need to pay attention to what LSU has done. It hasn't been good.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                        Until proven wrong I'll predict losses at any road game outside the conference cream puffs. I haven't seen anything from this team that they're prepared to fight through the home cookin' foul calls, crowd, hotel food and whatever else to tough out a true road win.

I stand fully ready to pick up enough speed running to jump on the bandwagon when they prove me wrong.
                        I'm close behind our biggest realist/pessimist here. I understand this team has not played their best ball yet. They definitely haven't clicked yet. However, this type of game is similar to the atmosphere in Maui. There may be more Shocker fans than Tiger fans there Saturday night. :good: We did beat a decent Virginia team and lost to UCONN by 4 in similar atmospheres.

I really think it will take a real, real, REAL lousy effort to blow chunks to LSU. They are an SEC team, but they are the opposite of good.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          After starting out 2-2, the LSU Tigers rattled off 4 straight wins over
                          Centary, South Alabama, Houston, and Central Michigan.
                          I thought that team from the Alpha Centary system was disqualified from competition this year due to their use of illegal aliens. What gives?

Comment

Looking at their schedule, our game with them will be their 4th game in 8 days. Perhaps that will help us out.

Comment

Shocks 81
                              LSU 74

Comment

Stallworth 76
                                Maravich 69

Comment

Working...
                                X