SDSU: #10
    WSU: #40

Re: New rankings out 12/13

Originally posted by vbird53
    Coaches poll:

UConn: #4
    So our 2 losses are nothing to be ashamed of....I do think however, that SDSU would beat UConn 8 out of 10 times.

Comment

Re: New rankings out 12/13

Originally posted by martymoose
      Originally posted by vbird53
      Coaches poll:

UConn: #4
      So our 2 losses are nothing to be ashamed of....I do think however, that SDSU would beat UConn 8 out of 10 times.
      I think SDSU wil stay in the top 20. Not sure I can say the same about UConn until a ways into the conference schedule.

Comment

Every week WSU is mentioned is another week that the Selection Committee has a chance to see WSU's name.

I know that shouldn't matter, but I think it does.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
          Every week WSU is mentioned is another week that the Selection Committee has a chance to see WSU's name.

I know that shouldn't matter, but I think it does.
          I believe you are correct. I know they look at RPI and blah, blah, blah, but 'perception' and the infamous 'eye test' are definitely part of it.

Comment

Look at teams such as Texas, Floridaor kentucky. those are 2 loss teams in the lower part of the Top 25. WSU's 2 losses look better than either of those teams 2 losses.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed
              Look at teams such as Texas, Floridaor kentucky. those are 2 loss teams in the lower part of the Top 25. WSU's 2 losses look better than either of those teams 2 losses.
              Combination of two factors:

Poll inertia - all three teams were ranked to start the season.

Decent to good wins - UK over Wash and ND, Florida over FSU, Texas over Illinois.

Comment

Yeah once again, definitely need to win the Valley tourney...
                Goo Shockers

Comment

Jerry Tipton of Lexington, Kentucky gave us some love last week, putting us at #23. He dropped us this week.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

Decent to good wins - UK over Wash and ND, Florida over FSU, Texas over Illinois.
                    WSU pummelled the24th ranked team in rpi.and dont forget that team from the big city of Chicago.
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

We're to the point in the season where the wins should really start piling up for us. I think we could crack the top 25 if we win out through the Jan 9th game against Missouri State (we'd be 13-2). We should be favored in every one of those games (LSU maybe a pick 'em).

Comment

WSU pummelled the24th ranked team in rpi.and dont forget that team from the big city of Chicago.
                        Either my sarcasm meter is defective or you need to work on your delivery.

I don't see the connection between our wins over CSU, NSU and the wins I listed by UK, UF and UT.

Comment

I don't see the connection between our wins over CSU, NSU and the wins I listed by UK, UF and UT.
                          Wasn't Texas Southern also presented as a possible tourny team?
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan45
                            Yeah once again, definitely need to win the Valley tourney...
                            Yea...your right...we have no chance if we lose on March 6.
                            :lol:

Comment

Wasn't Texas Southern also presented as a possible tourny team?
                              I don't think the poll voters perceive Texas Southern to be a good win just because they may win their conference tournament. The top 25 rankings are all about where you start (in the polls), then whether you beat teams that are perceived as good or you lose (no matter the opponent).

It just seems like you're trying to tie top-25 poll worthiness to things that have no real bearing on it. Pollsters don't care about RPI when voting, especially this early in the season. They know Nicholls State isn't a top 25 teams just because their meaningless RPI is 24. Texas Southern being favored to win one of the worst conferences doesn't fool them.

I feel like I must be missing the point you are trying to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X