WSU VERSUS ALABAMA A&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS ALABAMA A&M

Here's the deal. Who? Yes, our bulldawg foes are a D-1 team from the unpredictable SWAC. The key is we can't take any team lightly, we need to improve as a team, and we need to continue to develop our depth. Last Season when Mr. Kyles was injured, it really hurt. Thus, it may come down at times to our 2nd-5 as being difference makers as we progress through our Season. Last game we did see some needed improvements of some players and our team. A few subliminal messages were sent to players that most likely are being elucidated very clearly.

Shocks 86

M&M's 68
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Re: WSU VERSUS ALABAMA A&M

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
    Here's the deal. Who? Yes, our bulldawg foes are a D-1 team from the unpredictable SWAC. The key is we can't take any team lightly, we need to improve as a team, and we need to continue to develop our depth. Last Season when Mr. Kyles was injured, it really hurt. Thus, it may come down at times to our 2nd-5 as being difference makers as we progress through our Season. Last game we did see some needed improvements of some players and our team. A few subliminal messages were sent to players that most likely are being elucidated very clearly.

Shocks 86

M&M's 68
    I'd be real disappointed allowing 68 points to this team. They have 3 wins, all to non DI teams (one win by 3, another by 5). They just lost at home and scored 68 against TN St who came in at 2-6 and a .500 W. Kentucky beat them 83-61.

Comment

This game - on a Mondy night - could be a tough sell to the season ticket holders.

This game is the absolute definition of "easy game to miss".

If people thought it was a waste of money to pay Nicholls State $80K to come here...WSU paid this bunch about the same amount.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

78 to 56 Da Shoxs
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This will be very much like the Chicago St game but perhaps even worse. This is the newest team to Div 1 I believe.

WSU - 84
          Alabama A&M - 50
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

It's a monday, horrific opponent, gonna be cold and nasty. 7,000 in the seats, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
              It's a monday, horrific opponent, gonna be cold and nasty. 7,000 in the seats, maybe.
              All of those things aside, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if only 7,000 showed up to a shocker game. When was the last time that happened? Maybe that blizzard game a few years ago, but cold is one thing, snow is another.

I like the idea of a Monday games because I HATE Mondays! The game gives something to look forward to on a day when otherwise things are pretty ho-hum.

Bundle up folks--come on out and support the guys. We haven't had less than 10,000 on a game night (again, except maybe the game with all the snow a few years back) since the Scott Thompson or Randy Smithson era! Come watch this team continue to develop.

:wsu_posters: :clap:

Comment

I just hope the new players get more playing time this time. Time to develop new players. This is a good opportunity to do it. 8)
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
                  I just hope the new players get more playing time this time. Time to develop new players. This is a good opportunity to do it. 8)
                  I bet they will. Nicholls was just good enough--with a hot shooter that can really put points on the board in a hurry--that putting in tons of reserves wouldn't have been prudent. When I say 'reserves' I mean 3rd string guys, not the usual 8-10 man rotation.

I would be embarrassed if less than 10,000 show up. As boring as the opponent is--this is SHOCKER BASKETBALL.... in 6 months we'll be looking for every little detail from pickup games and practices as a 'crumb' of much needed info. Why would anyone miss an actual game situation when given the chance?

...and don't think it won't be very, very cold later this season. Probably when we have Indiana State or some other weak MVC opponent. Hopefully there won't be any excuses then either. That's what they make sweatshirts, coats, hats, gloves, scarves for folks...

:goshocks:

Comment

Two schools of thought here. Does HCGM try to get 4-7 minutes to look at the 12th-16th players on the team, or does he utilize this game to work on the true 10-man rotation he will use throughout the rest of the season? The one thing WSU can not afford at this juncture is not being prepared for the final two noncon games (@ LSU, Tulsa), which are must-wins (obvious overstatement). One could argue that the first part of the Valley schedule could be a spot to give the "third-stringers" playing time. We play Evansville, at Bradley, Drake, @ ISU-Red to start the MVC campaign.

Comment

I thought development was accomplished in practice and games were used to reward that development.

BTW, does anybody know why Tyler Richardson and Hamilton have fallen off the face of the earth. This can't bode well for the future.

Comment

The Shocks definitely need to develop some proficiency at point guard. This is a game for Rags and D-Will to get most if not all of the minutes at the point.

I think our issues at point guard are one of the biggest issues we have in getting to where we want to be.

Comment

Issues at point plus Stutz getting it together...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                            I thought development was accomplished in practice and games were used to reward that development.

BTW, does anybody know why Tyler Richardson and Hamilton have fallen off the face of the earth. This can't bode well for the future.
                            Since they're probably the 12th and 13th man of the bench, they won't see much, if any, time unless we're 20+ points up. The bigger the lead, the more they'll play.

Comment

As I reflect back to last Season, it seemed Stutz turn things starting around the Iowa win. DWill came around later in the Season to the point that I was confident in his game as he subbed in for Hannah and received more minutes when Kyles got injured. We really need these 2 young men to put it all together as we approach the Valley soon. It is hard not to start both Kyles and Toure' because they are 2 of our 5 most consistent players it seems.

Starters when the Valley games roll around and the "All Bench 5" in the Valley as follows.

Toure, Kyles, JT, Hatch, Stutz (or Gabe)

Rags, DWill, Ellis, Ben, Gabe (or Stutz)

The beauty of these 10 are the starters in these games may not be the mix who are called on at crunch time at the end of close games. I still hope EO gets some minutes in this rotation because I still think he is a keeper. Yes, we could start Ellis. However, I prefer his energy and skills coming off the bench. No, I have never made one thin dime coaching basketball--just saying.

On last estimation about the point guard situation. I thought Kyles would have his big coming out Season next Season and fill the 2 and 3 positions at that time along with Toure'. Kyles has emerged this Season and Toure' needs to be on the floor. Hatch is a workhorse and his shot will come in handy many times. Thus, these are players that may help us have our best team performance even when playing out of position from time to time?
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X