No announcement yet.

Posts about Turgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"And he still did something that 99% of coaches wouldn't do. And that's my biggest issue with him."

And what's that? He changed jobs? He left one program for a more high-profile gig? There were 60, yes, 60 coaching changes in DI basketball before this season began - by my count 10 of those coaching changes fell under the label of "moving up" - including Turgeon...AND including Marshall. So, did all of those coaches do something that 99% of coaches wouldn't do?

Perhaps he did something else that 99% of coaches wouldn't do and I'm misreading your statement. If so, please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Tarpley
      "And he still did something that 99% of coaches wouldn't do. And that's my biggest issue with him."

And what's that? He changed jobs? He left one program for a more high-profile gig? There were 60, yes, 60 coaching changes in DI basketball before this season began - by my count 10 of those coaching changes fell under the label of "moving up" - including Turgeon...AND including Marshall. So, did all of those coaches do something that 99% of coaches wouldn't do?

Perhaps he did something else that 99% of coaches wouldn't do and I'm misreading your statement. If so, please explain?
      i think he is referring to taking one of our recruits with him. Yes recruits dont go to a certain school due to coaching changes, but most of time the coaches dont bring those recruits with them. Not even Roy Williams or Bob Huggins didnt even do that.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Ah - so he's referring to D. Bowles? THAT, I can understand being a bit bent out of shape about.

Comment

At the time Turgeon left I didn't have any ill will towards him. I expected him to take the job when I heard it was a possibility. But the Bowles thing doesn't sit well at all.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I believe that was just a topic in the Eagle, only in relation to Chris Johnson in Football. It is a 2 sided coin, so it won't always come up heads. Many players commit based on the people there, and not just the school, after all, the people are who they will have an ongoing relationship with, and not just a facility you will use to your benefit.

Finding out your new 'best coach' has departed, and being commited to a school probably feels like finding out that you are in the Army for 4 years with no way to get out of it. I see both sides of the coin is all I am saying.

And lets just say Beggs, Schaus (well deserved credit), and Turgeon all did their jobs during the 7 years.

Comment

Working...
            X