• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnburner in Iowa

Iowa 51 - UNI 39. That's a final folks.

UNI: 27.3% FG, 20% 3pt, and 37.5% FT

Iowa: 40% FG, 25% 3pt, and 52.2% FT

Another great showing for the Valley!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I watched part of it. UNI looked slow, unathletic. I was not impressed.

Comment

Re: Barnburner in Iowa

Originally posted by ShockTalk
        Iowa 51 - UNI 39. That's a final folks.

UNI: 27.3% FG, 20% 3pt, and 37.5% FT

Iowa: 40% FG, 25% 3pt, and 52.2% FT
        Who wants to bet they shoot 50% from the field and 60% from behind the arc against us?

Comment

Also, UNI's 5 starters all played 31 minutes or more. O'Rear and Moran might have had more had they not had 4 fouls each.

Comment

I didn't watch the entire thing, but it's been a while since I've seen that many guys hit the deck. Someone call Mills Lane to ref Iowa's game against Purdue.

I wouldn't expect them to duplicate those percentages again this year - Moran and Koch can shoot it.

Note to our coaching staff - O'Clank almost shattered a backboard on the first of his two bricks from the line at the end of the game.

Comment

O'Rear might not even see time here.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

They keep playing those 5 like that and someone isn't going to go the distance.

I pray that mouth punk Kujo Aheelinhismouth is healthy and playing because I am looking forward to Ehimen knocking him into next week.

Comment

Frankly, I'm tired of Northern Iowa. With or without the starters logging that kind of time, our Shockers should horse race this team. We shall see.

Comment

Kujo is not a good shooter. He may defend pretty well but he is way too selfish. He got away with it last year, but going 5-18 and 1-9 (or something like that) from 3 is not gonna cut it.

39 point is bad.. even for UNI. Now that says something.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanksfan
                      Frankly, I'm tired of Northern Iowa. With or without the starters logging that kind of time, our Shockers should horse race this team. We shall see.
                      If we run, like we've been trying to do all year, we should boatrace'em. If we stall into half-court garb, then it'll be the typical ugly free-for-all.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Was it just me or is Orear sporting a mullet? Looked all shaved from afar but up close looked like he had it shaved and then curly in the back.

Comment

In the past UNI has done a good job of keeping us from running as they'd send 2 or 3 guys back on the shot and sacrifice rebounds.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Oh-Rear would get plenty of time here, don't kid yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                              Oh-Rear would get plenty of time here, don't kid yourself.
                              Starter or Bullpen? :D

Comment

Working...
                              X