WSU VERSUS NICHOLLS STATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU VERSUS NICHOLLS STATE

Here's the deal. Okay, it was indeed frustrating not to win either the UConn or San Diego State games or both. It is too early to sound the klaxon but we really need to shore up some areas starting now. No, we are NOT yet a Top 25 team but could a very strong type showing from here to the Lou change that? Which is betta? Being #8 in the Country early followed by a nose dive, or losing 2 discouraging games early on, only to come on strong from this moment on and sustain that mode into and through the Lou? One game at a time and shoring up our weaknesses starts Friday.

WSU 70

N. State 63
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 83 NS 64
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shocks will definitely have a size advantage. Nicholl State's rather expansive roster lists no player more than 6'6"

The official 2023-24 Men's Basketball Roster for the Nicholls State University Colonels

Of the 17 players on their roster 14 are listed as either Guards or Guard/Forwards. The other 3 are listed as Forwards.

They are led in scoring by Australian Anatoly Bose, a 6'6" Senior Guard/Forward who is averaging 27.4 PPG and also leads the team in rebounding at 5.8 RPG. (Last year he averaged 21.1 and 6.2)

Fred Hunter, a 6'5", 240 lb. Junior Guard (yes, I said 240 lb. guard) is second in both scoring and rebounding at 15.6 PPG and 5.6 RPG. (Last year he averaged 13.8 and 5.2)

Contain one or both of these guys and the Shocks should have a very good shot at winning.

How HCGM chooses to match up with these guys will be interesting. May not be the best matchup for Garrett despite his size advantage.

Geaux Shocks! :goshocks:

Comment

I went to the OSU-Nicholls State game in Stillwater a few weeks ago. Bose scored 2/3 of the Nicholls State's points (no exaggeration). He was also instrumental in Nicholls defeat of LSU a week before that. He is basically their team. He would be easy to get into foul trouble, stay close to him when he is on D, and he will shove. If Keaton Page wouldn't have been shooting lights out, it would have been a game in Stillwater. I'm not particularly worried about this game, but we need to keep Bose out of the game. You will find yourself surprised at his level of talent when compared to the rest of the team.
        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Shox - 84
          What ever Nicholls State is - 54
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

WSU - 75
            N - 61

Comment

Only thing I know about Nicholls State is that they used to have the biggest A-hole of a baseball coach - BD Parker.

Comment

Shockers - 78
                Nicholls State - 64

Our team needs to be able to stop that 1 star player on the opponents team.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  Shockers - 78
                  Nicholls State - 64

Like they did Walker?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                    Shockers - 78
                    Nicholls State - 64

Like they did Walker?
                    Who is this Walker of which you speak?
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah
                      Originally posted by Shox21
                      Shockers - 78
                      Nicholls State - 64

Like they did Walker?
                      Who is this Walker of which you speak?

Comment

Shocks - 66

Nicholls St - 63 ( Bose - 30)

Comment

Shocks 77 Bose St 66

Comment

WSU 77
                            Nicholls St 49

Comment

Working...