San Diego State Final Record Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego State Final Record Prediction

Aside from Cal coming up and a couple of tough conference road games (BYU and UNLV), I see them basically as favorites in the rest of their contests. I'm sure they will slip up once or twice, but at a minimum I say regular season finishes at 26-5 and a top ten ranking. What say you?

Maybe they will, but fact is, they were rated #18 when we played them, and #18 should have been a winnable game for us.

When we get such oppotunities, we have to capitalize on it, else our season just starts to slip away from us in a hurry, much like 06-07 did from us.

Just think how much better we would be sitting if we had won the UConn and SDSU games, than we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Maybe they will, but fact is, they were rated #18 when we played them, and #18 should have been a winnable game for us.

When we get such oppotunities, we have to capitalize on it, else our season just starts to slip away from us in a hurry, much like 06-07 did from us.

Just think how much better we would be sitting if we had won the UConn and SDSU games, than we are now.
      Why does their current rating make it easier or harder for us to win against them?

06-07 has nothing to do with this season. We did capitalize that year. Winning on the road against 2 top 25 teams and 2 Final Four teams while climbing into the Top 10 is the definition of capitalizing. That season did not slip away because we "failed to capitalize."

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9

If if's and but's were....blah, blah. We are not entitled to win against a team just because they are nationally ranked. Sure SDSU was a winable game...if we played within about 95% of our capability. They are ranked #18 for a reason. We aren't ranked #18 for a reason. They are better than us at this point. Yes, if it were played at the Chuck, we might have expected to "capitalize" on the opportunity. Creighton, UNI & MSU looks at playing us in the Chuck as an "opportunity." A betting man will put their money on the logical team to win. Same goes for our game at SDSU. It would have been an upset for us to win...period. I have said all along; don't have "bad" losses. If we do that we will be fine. I wish our posters would look at it from an unbiased perspective. Trust me, it can be done even though all of us are WSU fans.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Against #18 on the road should be a winnable game?

A top 5 team can make that claim. I don't think any team outside the top 5 would consider a road game against a top-20 team a winnable game.

The '06-'07 team happened to be the first team to expose the fact that LSU and Syracuse were unbelievably overrated. That team got a national ranking based on beating overrated teams before the world discovered LSU and Syracuse were rated about 40 or 50 spots above where they belonged.

Win those games in February instead of December and it doesn't make the slightest blip on the national scene.

This season WSU was (and still is) a potential top-25 team. There are some areas that need to improve for that to be legitimate. The fact that WSU has losses to a top-10 team on a neutral court and a top-20 team on the road doesn't eliminate WSU from the top 25.

Right now, the two losses eliminate WSU from consideration because of the many, many teams with fewer losses. Le the season play out a bit before jumping to any conclusions. Nothng WSU has done so far has eliminated them from anything over the course of the season.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If we can rattle off about 10 straight wins, we'll be back in the top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
              Against #18 on the road should be a winnable game?

A top 5 team can make that claim. I don't think any team outside the top 5 would consider a road game against a top-20 team a winnable game.
              Sanity restored.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They have all five starters back. They have no learning curve. The Aztecs are playing March level basketball right now. When some of the teams in their league get adjusted and settled on a lineup, SDSU may lose a couple they are not supposed to....

....or maybe not. 26-5 may be underestimating them.

Comment

The MWC is too strong this year for a team as good even as SDSU to go through unscathed. BYU, UNLV and UNM could all knock off the Aztecs in their own barns or on a neutral court.

I'll go with 3 losses and a final ranking in the top 16. 4 or 5 seed in the NCAAs.

Comment

I predict SDSU will lose 4 games and surge into the Dance and win no more than 2 games there. They should stay out of our way because we better be peaking by then and that is all I have to say about that.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I like the Aztecs and their fans and wish them well. Hope they make a nice run in the NCAA.

Yes, we should have, and in my opinion did, win against CONN even though we had, and still have, little to no defense against a slasher taking it to the basket.

No, our chances of beating SDS at home were not high. It is the way we lost the game that rankles.

Still, when we get chances like this, if we are ever going to achieve the success we all hope for in BB, we have to start winning games like this on a consistent basis. Not all, but more than we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                        I like the Aztecs and their fans and wish them well. Hope they make a nice run in the NCAA.

Yes, we should have, and in my opinion did, win against CONN even though we had, and still have, little to no defense against a slasher taking it to the basket.

No, our chances of beating SDS at home were not high. It is the way we lost the game that rankles.

Still, when we get chances like this, if we are ever going to achieve the success we all hope for in BB, we have to start winning games like this on a consistent basis. Not all, but more than we lose.
                        agreed!
                        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk

agreed!
                          So, in this discussion you are saying that the road underdog (WSU), who is probably not quite as good as the home favorite (SDSU). should win more of these "like" games then we lose. That doesn't make sense. I would agree that it would be nice, and even reasonable, if the shocks would win 1 out of about 3 of these types of games. If the other team is, at the time WSU played the game, a little better anyway AND their playing at home, how can WSU expect to win more than they lose?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC

agreed!
                            So, in this discussion you are saying that the road underdog (WSU), who is probably not quite as good as the home favorite (SDSU). should win more of these "like" games then we lose. That doesn't make sense. I would agree that it would be nice, and even reasonable, if the shocks would win 1 out of about 3 of these types of games. If the other team is, at the time WSU played the game, a little better anyway AND their playing at home, how can WSU expect to win more than they lose?
                            Because many teams in the rankings at the start of the season, are overrated to begin with, i.e., #2 Michigan State. (at the time). SDSU was not overrated as it turned out. I only see SDSU losing 3, maybe 4 games in total.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC

agreed!
                              Now where did I say that everyone of these games would be played on the other team's home court? You cite only one element of the situation and try and make a case of it. Clearly, if we come up against a future SDS like team on their home court, we will lose the majority of the time. But, occasionally, we need to pull the upset and win. Where we need to pick-up the bulk of our wins are against over rated teams on neutral sites, on their home courts, and when the opportunity presents itself, at home.

We did it just three years ago. In 2007, we went on the road and beat Syracuse, LSU, and GMU. And we need to do it again, and again, and again.

Comment

Working...
                              X