[POST GAME] WSU vs SD ST - What We Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [POST GAME] WSU vs SD ST - What We Learned

WSU point guard is still an issue with Raglands and Williams. Murry was trying to do to much (but can you blame him).

Interior Play - is weak, weak, weak. Disappointed in Durley and Blair play.

Stutz has regressed.

WSU is missing that guy who wants to Rebound and prides himself - another sign of soft team.

"The Drive" was just not anomaly of UCONN, it is a problem. SD St got to many point (or caused to many fouls) when the guards let their guys get around them.

Kyles is the real deal and is the bright spot.

MVC refs still suck.

Re: [POST GAME] WSU vs SD ST - What We Learned

Originally posted by SB Shock
    WSU point guard is still an issue with Raglands and Williams. Murry was trying to do to much (but can you blame him).

Interior Play - is weak, weak, weak. Disappointed in Durley and Blair play.

Stutz has regressed.

WSU is missing that guy who wants to Rebound and prides himself - another sign of soft team.

"The Drive" was just not anomaly of UCONN, it is a problem. SD St got to many point (or caused to many fouls) when the guards let their guys get around them.

Kyles is the real deal and is the bright spot.

MVC refs still suck.
    marshall needs to pick either ragland or williams to start and go from there. murry is obviously uncomfortable with his current role.

Comment

The shox will make a splash sometime this year... We weren't ready for tonight... We got beat pretty bad. Hopefully we can build up for a nice Tourny run if we keep it together in the weak ass MVC

Comment

You don't tug on Superman's cape
        You don't spit into the wind
        You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
        And you don't mess around with Jim, :(
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox
          The shox will make a splash sometime this year... We weren't ready for tonight... We got beat pretty bad. Hopefully we can build up for a nice Tourny run if we keep it together in the weak ass MVC
          how can you say they werent ready? they fell apart. the team was ready and collapsed. hopefully the terrible valley will build up this teams confidence.

Comment

Can't afford to have Kyles with foul problems.

Comment

We learned that Stutz is nearly worthless against superior athletes. He tries, but he's too slow and plodding to be of any use against the type of players SDS and UConn (top competition) were rolling out there.

We also learned that we have absolutely nobody who can run the point half as well as Clevin did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh
                We also learned that we have absolutely nobody who can run the point half as well as Clevin did last year.
                Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!! :good:
                SFL is back!

Comment

It seems to me that the Shocks like a very physical game. When fouls are called tight, they get timid and back off, totally throwing them out of rhythm
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We learned that SDSU is a very good team. Shox could have played much, much better, but tonight was going to be a tall order, and I think that we got lulled into a false sense of being more than what we are against a good UCONN team that didn't have Walker in the first half.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                      It seems to me that the Shocks like a very physical game. When fouls are called tight, they get timid and back off, totally throwing them out of rhythm
                      They'd better stop that if they want to compete. Top players and teams adjust their game to what the refs are calling, they don't just shut down completely when it isn't going the way they want it.

Comment

We learned that our next meaningful game isn't until March.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We learned that we can get our @$$ whiped when we dont rebound , commit turnovers , and are out to lunch mentaly NO MENTAL TOUGHNESS , not to mention we are SOFT in almost every position
                          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            We learned that our next meaningful game isn't until March.
                            There all meaningful, cant lose to any cupcakes in our conference.

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
                              We learned that we can get our @$$ whiped when we dont rebound , commit turnovers , and are out to lunch mentaly NO MENTAL TOUGHNESS , not to mention we are SOFT in almost every position

Good call OTR.

Hatch & Kyles were the only ones tonight who didn't look like they were a-hole deep in pool of alligators. 8)
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                              X