Mason beats S. Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason beats S. Carolina

Major props for a scintillating win over South Carolina. The announcers were just gushing over how GMU's early-season experience helped them beat out the obviously superior BCS teams in that Old Spice Classic.

After watching them dismantle K-State and now S. Carolina, you would think someone would recognize that they actually do have a few good players on the team.

Keep it rolling!

We recognize they have good ones. But they're a "Mid-Major", so they shouldn't be winning those games.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      We recognize they have good ones. But they're a "Mid-Major", so they shouldn't be winning those games.

________
      FIND HEADSHOP
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Well done GMU :good:

Go Pats!!

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

They got some great freshmen recruits this year and their Final Four seniors are pouring it on with the same toughness they had then.

Comment

Put away that Mid Major lable. Thats old news, just give credit for the wealth of very good teams across the country. Its funny listening to the comentators make excuse after excuse when a BCS school is losing or is having trouble with a non- BCS school.

Comment

I don't think GMU will have any problems getting respect this year...as long as they continue to take care of business..

Way to represent GMU!!!!
              :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ictshockolate
                Put away that Mid Major lable. Thats old news, just give credit for the wealth of very good teams across the country. Its funny listening to the comentators make excuse after excuse when a BCS school is losing or is having trouble with a non- BCS school.
                After watching Mississippi St. lose to SIU over the weekend, I couldn't figure out how the Salukis could even be on the court with the almighty Bulldogs. I wasn't even sure why they played the game, because it was obvious that the commentators knew Mississippi St. was the better team.

/sarcasm

Comment

I hope the Shox can show the same poise that GMU showed against So. Carolina come Jan-March. GMU has a couple new players that will be real good in coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                    I hope the Shox can show the same poise that GMU showed against So. Carolina come Jan-March. GMU has a couple new players that will be real good in coming years.
                    Let's schedule them again. I already miss the budding rivalry games.

And I was being sarcastic about the "Mid-Major" label. We all want it gone here, but the media isn't gonna let it die.

Comment

I still get a kick out of the GMU fans rock chalking at the end of the KSU game. Awesome. They're going to be a nightmare of a first-round game for someone.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                        I still get a kick out of the GMU fans rock chalking at the end of the KSU game. Awesome. They're going to be a nightmare of a first-round game for someone.
                        I'm sure you meant to be complimentary, but the team that I saw on TV is good enough to be a single digit seed. I don't think they are a cute, little mid-major who will give somebody a scare. I think they are a threat to make the round of 16 again, maybe even in the role of the favorite this time. I don't know if I would have had a problem with your comment if I didn't know you were a KU guy, but I do know you allegiance and I did have a problem with the comment. Any team that has been to the F4 as recent as GMU should be more respected than that.

Comment

It's quite a tribute to the GMU fans we met a couple of years ago that GMU has become a favorite of WSU fans.

They beat us in our house, probably cost us a better seed in the Dance, took us out in the round of 16 - and now we root for them through their season and hope to schedule them in the future.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                            It's quite a tribute to the GMU fans we met a couple of years ago that GMU has become a favorite of WSU fans.

They beat us in our house, probably cost us a better seed in the Dance, took us out in the round of 16 - and now we root for them through their season and hope to schedule them in the future.
                            Has to do with respect and class. Their fans deserve both as they have always demonstrated both to us. Even before and after the games they were always very respectful and classy, hard to hate a school with fans like that.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                              Originally posted by Aargh

Has to do with respect and class. Their fans deserve both as they have always demonstrated both to us. Even before and after the games they were always very respectful and classy, hard to hate a school with fans like that.
                              They are the best ones, by far. No offense to DJA or MSN, but by and far the GMU fans have been great to have on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X