This whole cupboard bare thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This whole cupboard bare thing

Turgeon's recruits scored 92% of points scored last night. Mantas is the only non-Turgeon player to score (he scored six.)

Can we please dispense with this notion, which is based on emotion and not facts?

No ABC, this will never end...people need something to cry about.

Comment

Ahhh, ABC with a voice of reason. I think Shocker basketball fans should read some works from the enlightenment period. Perhaps then we as a fan base can move on.

Go Shocks!!!!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
        Ahhh, ABC with a voice of reason. I think Shocker basketball fans should read some works from the enlightenment period. Perhaps then we as a fan base can move on.

Go Shocks!!!!
        :good: :good:
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It stands to reason that both points of view could be correct. GM may rely upon returning MT players all year and at the same time those players may not be good enough to live up to the expectations which have been created at WSU. It would be rather unlikely that guys recruited very late would be impact players in the first D1 season let alone the first 5 to 10 games...

MT did not intend to leave a "bare cupboard" but GM inherited a team with holes. GM freely admits to this when he says "we do not have those type of players" over and over again about different aspects of the game. I guess you guys should believe him.

PJ is obviously a very, very good player who has and would contribute on any NCAA team. MB has the experience to contribute at a high level. The other MT guys are probably situational or role players on teams that would be considered at large teams... Bottom line is that if MT's players don't score we didn't play the game and for this team to be good we will have to be a well oiled machine. The last two games have been promising, lets hope it continues.

Comment

Ah yes. I anticipated this response and it is a fair point of view.

I my original thread was a relevant point since it was a 12 point win over a major conference team.

Durley and Clemente appear to be very, very solid players. Durley seems to me a 1st team MVC player by his junior or senior year.

He may be a role player, but it is a very big role for this team.

Comment

Durley could be the "upside" that makes this a memorable season..

Comment

No No No What was meant was Turg and his wife left my cupboard bare. I let him use my house while I away and low and behold I came home to a bare cupboard! When others at Shockernet found out they shared in my dismay, thus starting this whole misunderstanding :D :posterwsu: 8) 8) 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

There is only one reason to be upset with MT. His recruitment of the 6-9 what's his name that sits on aTm's bench instead of WSU's was perhaps somewhat out of line. But chances are, he will never amount to anything worth getting our panties in a bunch.
                  \
                  According to MT, his recruiting the last couple of years at WSU's was not his best. However, it appears he left us with a nice "under the radar" player in Durley. I prefer to remain upset with Fogler. The bottom line is this...I'm happy as can be to have Greg Marshall as the Shocker coach!
                  In the fast lane

Comment

[quote="tropicalshox"]There is only one reason to be upset with MT. His recruitment of the 6-9 what's his name that sits on aTm's bench instead of WSU's was perhaps somewhat out of line. But chances are, he will never amount to anything worth getting our panties in a bunch.
                    \
                    According to MT, his recruiting the last couple of years at WSU's was not his best. However, it appears he left us with a nice "under the radar" player in Durley. I prefer to remain upset with Fogler. The bottom line is this...I'm happy as can be to have Greg Marshall as the Shocker coach![/quote]

Amen to that!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X