Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know who we'll play tomorrow or what the final outcome will be. But I'm predicting we score 79.

If you would have told me before the year that if we scored 79 every game, I'd bet we would coast through the season.

But after watching our defense the last two games.. :roll:
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We did hold Chaminade to 58 on 40% shooting, when they put up 74 on Mich. St., so I don't think you can pick on our D too badly in this one. UConn, yes, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock
        We did hold Chaminade to 58 on 40% shooting, when they put up 74 on Mich. St., so I don't think you can pick on our D too badly in this one. UConn, yes, obviously.
        They missed a lot of open looks. We got beat on the inside too easily.

But when you compare it to MSU, I guess it makes it look a lil better.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At some point the expectations have to be realistic.

Outside of a run in the second half of about 6 minutes where the Silverswords made a bunch of threes and played with a lot of energy, we beat them by 36.

I'm not sure exactly how perfect some of you anticipate the team performing.

It wasn't perfect, and there are areas to improve upon, but that was a pretty impressive game from our team. Effort and execution at that level is going to win a lot of games the rest of the way. About 14+ in Valley play and every non con game except SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock
            They pretty much folded their tent the last 10 minutes. We outscored them 25-10 the last 8:41.

Comment

I am proud of them for coming out and playing hard. Was it perfect, NO!! But they didn't let the result from yesterday take them out of their game today.

Comment

I'd just like to throw out there that my prediction for the Shox today was ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Outside of a run in the second half of about 6 minutes where the Silverswords made a bunch of threes and played with a lot of energy, we beat them by 36.

It wasn't perfect, and there are areas to improve upon, but that was a pretty impressive game from our team. Effort and execution at that level is going to win a lot of games the rest of the way. About 14+ in Valley play and every non con game except SDSU.
                  Don't get me wrong, Doc. Two very big pluses today as a team. How they came out today after yesterday and (even though I hated seeing HOW they dropped a big lead) how they responded to Chaminade's run in the second half to close out the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                    Originally posted by WuDrWu

Don't get me wrong, Doc. Two very big pluses today as a team. How they came out today after yesterday and (even though I hated seeing HOW they dropped a big lead) how they responded to Chaminade's run in the second half to close out the game.
                    Agreed.

It is only the third game of the season. It appears our offense is there (something we've been missing the last few years). I just want our defense (interior specifically) to be there. I'm sure it'll improve throughout the year.

It was a good win.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X