Former Coach Mark Turgeon admits to being a plastic face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Coach Mark Turgeon admits to being a plastic face

Billy Gillispie built Texas A&M into a program, not just a one-year wonder. Mark Turgeon has taken over and continued that success, illustrated by the Aggies' win in the NIT Season Tip-Off, writes Andy Katz.

"Don't you see the gray hair and all these lines on my face? I wasn't going to take a job rebuilding. I told myself that if I was going to move, I was going to a place where you could win your first year, which Texas A&M is."

Re: Former Coach Mark Turgeon admits to being a plastic face

Originally posted by JohnDorian
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3124833&lpos=spotligh t&lid=tab5pos1

"Don't you see the gray hair and all these lines on my face? I wasn't going to take a job rebuilding. I told myself that if I was going to move, I was going to a place where you could win your first year, which Texas A&M is."
    I'm not sure what your point is here, or if you have a point at all. As far as the quote is concerned, MT echoed that statement numerous times BEFORE he left WSU. I heard him say it on KC Sports Talk at least a year before he left WSU, or at the beginning of the 2006/2007 season, at the very latest. So, it was absolutely no surprise to me that A&M was the job he took. It met his criteria perfectly, better than any other job he was rumored bo be a candidate for.

I wish him the best of luck and will follow him closely. His timing wasn't the best when he left, but in the long run, I think the move was a win/win for the Shox and MT.

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I am still happy for Turg and glad he coached at my Alum! :wsu_posters: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Why dont you just get it over it? It happens in college basketball, coaches leave for money/better oppertunities. Are you not happy with Greg Marshal? Just quit crying about MT im sick of these threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i'm not angry or nothin. I just wanted to show you guys a topic. lighten up!
          and what's worse is since you, YOU had to post in this topic since you're so sick of Turgeon topics, you caused this to get new life. I just wanted to bring attention to coach and show off some quote he said, and you start freaking out for no damn reason.

Comment

Are you the same John Dorian that posted frequently on VT last spring?
            If so, no further comments are necessary... I completely understand.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

if you're mad at turgeon dont start liking Marshall. Its bound to happen that he leaves at some point to. Just the nature of the game. Cant hate a man for it.

Comment

Did I say I hate coach Turgeon because he left? NO

I like Coach Marshall, I met the guy, nice as can be and hopes he stays around for a long time

Comment

I should start a topic about what Turg had for breakfast

Comment

inside source (Trainer last year)
                    told me he knew he was leaving halfway through the season.

Nobody wanted to play for him.

He was fine leaving
                    until he took our best recruit.

Thats something even bobby huggins didnt do.
                    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I watched part of the aTm game earlier this week. That gray patch in Turgeon's hair is gone.

I think we should start a thread about Turgeon's hair stylist. We've about covered everything else.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Let it go...
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                          inside source (Trainer last year)
                          told me he knew he was leaving halfway through the season.

Nobody wanted to play for him.

He was fine leaving
                          until he took our best recruit.

Thats something even bobby huggins didnt do.

The Bowles thing is something he should not have done.

Comment

Working...
                          X