Old Spice Classic 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Spice Classic 2008

Did you all see the lineup of teams for the Old Spice Classic in 2008. Wow! That is an impressive group that were going to be playing against. Almost worth the trip to see some great basketball. I'm lazy and didnt want to look up the exact lineup, I'll let one of ya'll do that. But its definitely something to look forward too.

Watching George Mason and Kansas State now.

Go Pats!!

Go Shocks!!!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Gonzaga, Memphis, Maryland, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Siena, Tennessee, Wichita State

Comment

Thank ya!

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
          Watching George Mason and Kansas State now.

Go Pats!!

Go Shocks!!!!

KSU looked pathetic, but I really wish Beasley would have came to WSU, he would have dominated for us.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
            http://www.oldspiceclassic.com/field08.html

Gonzaga, Memphis, Maryland, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Siena, Tennessee, Wichita State
            mark few, calipari, gary (silent r)'the whiner' williams, tom izzo, bruce pearl, greg marshall.

thats alot of great, of supposed-to-be great coachs.

i hope we play maryland. (and beat them, of course), then play michigan state cause they have a lot of history, then beat oklahoma state cause they're in the big 12. then again it would be nice to beat tennessee for the fun of it. i do like bruce pearl though. quality guy from what i've seen and heard.

anyway, it's gonna be sweet.
            i think i might go to my first ever tournament and check it out, a bunch of potentially great teams under one roof.
            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

yikes, how'd we get into that field? I just hope we play like we belong there.
              KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
              Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Pretty good company we will be keeping! When does the it take place exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  Starts on Thanksgiving Day. I'll be there.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'm going to try and find a way down there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                      Already informed the rest of the family that we won't be home for Thanksgiving next year. Wife wants to go to Disney World. I want to go to a basketball tourney with quality teams. It's a win, win. :good:

And I believe next year's field is the best yet. I'd like to get ahold of Memphis too.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                        Already informed the rest of the family that we won't be home for Thanksgiving next year. Wife wants to go to Disney World. I want to go to a basketball tourney with quality teams. It's a win, win. :good:

And I believe next year's field is the best yet. I'd like to get ahold of Memphis too.
                        Did you not see Bob Lutz's preseason picks for the Big Dance with Memphis winning it all this year? .... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

Did you not see Bob Lutz's preseason picks for the Big Dance with Memphis winning it all this year? .... LOL
                          He's not the only one that picked that way. That's why I want a piece of 'em. Why not go after the defending national champs? :goshocks:

Comment

It's Settled

I'm definitely going to be heading to that tournament.

High quality teams, warm weather, fun atmosphere. Get me that All-Session Pass!

I'm going to notify my work when my vacation is going to be taken. I'll just take the whole week off, enjoy Florida and Disney World, then start taking in an insane amount of basketball starting on Thanksgiving!
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I hope we get to play Gonzaga!
                              they always talk about them being a great Mid-Major team...I have never thought they were...

Comment

Working...
                              X