new site - [url]www.MVCfans.com[/url]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site - [url]www.MVCfans.com[/url]

First of all, thanks to RoyalShock for his forum building advice and for assisting us with posting on ShockerNet. I know there was a brief discussion in another thread about our new site, but I thought it was appropriate to officially invite the Shox fanbase to take a look and contribute to the dialogue at www.MVCfans.com.

Although this is a rather slow period in the MVC sports calendar, we have had some active discussions centered on the upcoming MVC basketball season. Ours will be an actively moderated site, and while we can appreciate that some liked the unfiltered freedom of VT, we think the dialogue and discussion on MVCfans will be attractive to many. We hope that you will join us at www.MVCfans.com as we look forward to the contributions of the Shocker fan base.
    site: www.MVCfans.com
    twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MVCfans

Sounds Good.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

:noidea:

Comment

cool, ill sign up
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          When is VT going to be back up?

Only VT would inspire video like this:

MVC fans will only inspire

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjoYxBc8RI

Post of the week!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don't remind me of middle school choir recitals that my sister sang in......
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Now that... is some funny excrement.
                Hats off to SB. 8)
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Your post was excellent as to the subject at hand.

Unfortunately, I'm one who cannot see those games without them reminding me of what was to follow. By the end of the season, I can't say that Rasputin and Jay Fan were incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk

Unfortunately, I'm one who cannot see those games without them reminding me of what was to follow. By the end of the season, I can't say that Rasputin and Jay Fan were incorrect.
                    No they weren't right. They were wrong and had to eat alot of crow and deservably so.

Now what followed was what happens when team chemistry goes to pot because of player immaturity (something CU fans can easily relate to).

Comment

Oh what fun it was and will be again. Teary eyed warm fuzzies from this Shocker alum...
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Good memories. :good:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No they weren't right. They were wrong and had to eat alot of crow and deservably so.

Now what followed was what happens when team chemistry goes to pot because of player immaturity (something CU fans can easily relate to).
                          Just wanting to understand your position SB.

Making no excuses/reasons for the outcomes and just factual finishing numbers, I don't see how they were wrong. The year of the video, we started out 9-0, but then went 8-14 losing in the 1st round of the MVC tourney. Since the 2006 season, we've had no MVC regular season championships, no MVC tournament championships, no NCAA tourney appearance, 3 out of 4 years with losing records in the Valley, 3-4 record in the Valley tourney, and a first round NIT loss at home to a team we were seeded higher than.

Jay Fan said: "Has Mark settled for WSU being merely the best in the valley every 13 years? Or does he aspire to achieving more?" Well, WSU has not (yet) been the best in the Valley since and the only "aspire to achieving more" that MT did was to go to aTm.

Rasputin said: "One year wonder! clap clap clap clap clap ... one year wonder!" Just what year since have we repeated 2006 or even come that close to that year's success?

I'm not complaining about what the Shox have done. I feel HCGM has done a fine job and like the direction he and his staff have taken WSU. However, after a year like 2006, if a team can't do better than what I've stated above, they will not have done enough to shake a "one year wonder" tag.

Comment

Just wanting to understand your position SB.

Making no excuses/reasons for the outcomes and just factual finishing numbers, I don't see how they were wrong. The year of the video, we started out 9-0, but then went 8-14 losing in the 1st round of the MVC tourney. Since the 2006 season, we've had no MVC regular season championships, no MVC tournament championships, no NCAA tourney appearance, 3 out of 4 years with losing records in the Valley, 3-4 record in the Valley tourney, and a first round NIT loss at home to a team we were seeded higher than.

Jay Fan said: "Has Mark settled for WSU being merely the best in the valley every 13 years? Or does he aspire to achieving more?" Well, WSU has not (yet) been the best in the Valley since and the only "aspire to achieving more" that MT did was to go to aTm.

Rasputin said: "One year wonder! clap clap clap clap clap ... one year wonder!" Just what year since have we repeated 2006 or even come that close to that year's success?

I'm not complaining about what the Shox have done. I feel HCGM has done a fine job and like the direction he and his staff have taken WSU. However, after a year like 2006, if a team can't do better than what I've stated above, they will not have done enough to shake a "one year wonder" tag.
                            IMO your trying to take some big perspective outlook on comments made on VT which is meaningless within the comedy confines of VT. There are no big perspectives on VT- only today "funny".

Those comments you pulled IIRC were after WSU S16 run and when WSU had announced they were going to play Syracuse for a one and done and LSU for a 1 for 2. There was a lot of ridicule that the Shox had no chance and it was stupid scheduling on WSU parts.

Not only did WSU prove them wrong and turned VT upside down as WSU climbed into the Top 10 after those same sages said no valley team could really expect to get any national recognition. This drove rasputin to pretend he was a WSU fan and make "racial" comments to try and discredit the Shocker fan base. Up until Christmas there was a huge VT meltdown of epic proportions.

Just like WSU fans who would tell CU and SIU fans they were going to "Abyss". It was said because it drove them crazy, not because anybody was some great prophet. It was even better that they did go to the Abyss, because no you could give the label to other teams - and there fanbase would go crazy. It was like some internet virus.

The thing that really hurt VT was when it went from moderated to unmoderated and there was nobody to kill the 1 on 1 pissing matches that 99.99999% didn't care about and would kill threads.

Comment

SB - OK, I see your point. And I understand what all went on VT eventhough I seldom ventured there.

I also understand your not going to shut some of them up no matter what is done on the court.

For me, a good first third does not a season make. While the nine game ride was extremely fun, it also made the rest of the season a much tougher pill to swallow. To outsiders, 2006 and the first third of 2007 would appear an anomaly. When looking at SIU and CU's performance over the last 10-20 years, their current problems would appear to be the exception. You prove your worth through consistent/repeated performance.

They may have ate some crow, but they quickly washed it out of their mouth. Yup, I'm taking this to a bigger perspective. Our "today funny" was a blip over the last 20 years of MVC basketball and I take little solace in it. You want to have a good "funny" and others actually choke on some crow?? Do it with consistent scoreboard. Walk the talk. Others have. I believe we're now heading that way.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                              X