Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who Was....

    Last night, during the Shocker wam-up, Mantas Griskenas and Arbry Butler were nattily attired in their Gentlemen's Quarterly best and standing in front of the visitor's bench.

    Who was young man, who was standing between them? He looked to be about 6-1 or 6-2. He too was finely dressed in business casual.

    I thought he might be a recruit.

  • #2
    Re: Who Was....

    Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Last night, during the Shocker wam-up, Mantas Griskenas and Arbry Butler were nattily attired in their Gentlemen's Quarterly best and standing in front of the visitor's bench.

    Who was young man, who was standing between them? He looked to be about 6-1 or 6-2. He too was finely dressed in business casual.

    I thought he might be a recruit.
    Kinda wondered the same thing...not sure.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

    Comment


    • #3
      AJ Hawkins.
      YOUSUCKITPOX

      Comment


      • #4
        Surely Hawkins wouldn't have looked much shorter (2-3 inches) than Butler/Gris?

        I've never seen a recruit wear dress clothes to a game.

        Comment


        • #5
          He didnt look much shorter. Im 100% positive it was him. (Internet phones are great )
          YOUSUCKITPOX

          Comment


          • #6
            Hawkins.

            Hopefully Ricky isn't the lone witness if I'm ever held up at a convenience store, because Hawk is only a few inches shorter than Griz.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

            Comment


            • #7
              Speaking of, did anyone else notice Hawkins and Stutz talking in front of the bench prior to the ArkTech game? I think the 6'11" Stutz is listed at is no longer correct.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Speaking of, did anyone else notice Hawkins and Stutz talking in front of the bench prior to the ArkTech game? I think the 6'11" Stutz is listed at is no longer correct.
                He shrunk?

                Comment


                • #9
                  No, he's probably closer to 7'1" now.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WyoWu
                    Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    Speaking of, did anyone else notice Hawkins and Stutz talking in front of the bench prior to the ArkTech game? I think the 6'11" Stutz is listed at is no longer correct.
                    He shrunk?
                    Paul S (in the article announcing his commitment) as well as Scout and Rivals list him at 6'11". In a previous article, Garrett's father said he was nearly 7'1" and still growing.

                    So, if you wonder why I've listed him at 6'11", that is the reason. But I'm of the opinion that he's in the 7'0"-7'1" range.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FWIW: that was hawkins. When I saw Stutz, he looked taller than 6'11" as well.
                      Jocks & Jills
                      3236 N. Rock Rd
                      Wichita, KS 67226
                      316-260-9800
                      http://www.jocks-jills.com
                      http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
                        When I saw Stutz, he looked taller than 6'11" as well.
                        That's just ridiculous...I mean really...who grows that tall???
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

                        NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

                        NIT Championships - 1 (2011)

                        AP Poll History of Wichita State:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 150
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

                        Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

                        Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished the 2013 Season #4

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's a 12-year old somewhere in the country who is already 7-ft.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                            That's just ridiculous...I mean really...who grows that tall???
                            I was pretty stoked when I cleared 6'5"....now I just feel short. Im about to have an identity crisis, but as long as we keep winning I can deal with it.











                            "OH MY GAWD, WHO AM I????????????????????????????"
                            That rug really tied the room together.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X