No announcement yet.

If you were a basketball recruit, what would your criteria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think that most kids want to go where they think they can get some significant PT, the sooner the better.

Relationship with the Coaching staff developed during recruiting is, of course, very key.

Face time on the tube might be a big selling point to a lot of your premier players.

Facilities and amenities available to the players.

Fan and community support.

Specific academic programs may be important to a few players, but to most I'm not sure that is an overriding factor.

Location relative to home may be a factor in some cases, but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
      How hot is my tutor?

Comment

I'd want to go to a place with great fan support, tradition, recent Tournament success, a solid academic reputation, a shot to earn playing time as a freshman, and play against the best competition in the country.

However, my official visit would be the most important thing. I'd want to make sure I get along with the players, see the facilities, meet with the coaches, look around the campus, etc.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

1. System
          2. Coach
          3. Players
          4. Degree Programs
          5. Female Student Body Members
          6. Type of City that school is in
          7. Conference Affiliation

Some will blast #7, but it obviously happens, because why would some players choose schools like Providence and Rutgers? Because they're in the Big East. Plus the affiliation also leads to TV exposure.

Comment

im just going to be real.

First of would be PT and Winning Program

after that its girls.

If theres no girls im exiting stage left.

Comment

1.Location (sweet city needed. i.e. san diego)(if i'm really good i'd stay close to home and be a local hero)

2.Coach (great coach with history, someone i respect)

3.Style (a style im comfortable with)

4.Team Members (guys i can relate to, not D-bags like the guys that normally play at boston college i.e.sean williams, jared dudley, marshall...)

5.Fan base (a fan base that supports the team win or lose)

6.education (a school that has the necessary courses and classes for my chosen major)

7.women (let's face, hot women are cool)

8.PT (i don't need to play right away, i hope by my junior year i will be starting.)
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

If I'm an elite recruit

1. Playing time
                2. Coach
                3. How nice is the college town?
                4. Supporting cast, I want to go deep in the tourney in my only year.

I'd probably go to Texas

If I'm my real self plus some more athletic ability and a more consistent shot:

1. Education
                2. Coach
                3. Playing time
                4. Conference

I'd probably just stay home and for WSU rather be a Brady Morningstar and sit on a major's bench for 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                X