• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Season Articles Around the Valley

I'm stealing this idea from BearNation.

RE: Indiana State:

Re: Illinois State:

In the fast lane

after reading the Indiana article...i was perusing the other info and came across this awesome dunk from a 7ft high school kid who is illinois recruit....Ive never seen a 7footer hurdle another player and dunk....especially a high school kid...check it out at the 1.40 mark of the video

1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
      after reading the Indiana article...i was perusing the other info and came across this awesome dunk from a 7ft high school kid who is illinois recruit....Ive never seen a 7footer hurdle another player and dunk....especially a high school kid...check it out at the 1.40 mark of the video

http://wbx.me/l/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog...%2F%3Fp%3D106a
      Oh to be young again...
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

E. McCain no longer a Brave and in a little trouble.

No article but I understand there is more talk among Brave fans about Les not being back either.
        In the fast lane

Comment

This is a great idea Trop and thanks. NIU will come in with lots of confidence next Season and I wonder who they will sign to mesh with their quality returning players? Illinois State will most always be a top 5 Valley team. WSUShokker, now THAT dunk had me at hello!!!!!!! Sign him NOW!!! Ha!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Re: Creighton:

In the fast lane

Comment

Re: Rumors at SIU:

Just recently on March 7th I wrote a blog titled ‘State of Saluki Basketball’ in which I gave my opinion about the team both good and bad. Now this week around campus I have hear several ‘rumors’ a…
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                This is a great idea Trop and thanks. NIU will come in with lots of confidence next Season and I wonder who they will sign to mesh with their quality returning players? Illinois State will most always be a top 5 Valley team. WSUShokker, now THAT dunk had me at hello!!!!!!! Sign him NOW!!! Ha!
                former UNI coach and current Iowa state coach McDermit's (sp?) son will be playing for UNI next year. I saw him on ESPN a few months ago. he's a high school teammate for the #1 recruit Harrison barnes.
                anyhow. greg's kid is pretty tall, im thinkin 6'7" but i cant remember and he seems to be well rounded in shooting and some post moves. i was pretty impressed with his game.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  No, I believe those are 'rumors' of 'rumors' that may or may not have been derived from 'rumors' that everyone is quitting the team and leaving. But again, these are only 'rumors.'

'Rumors.'
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

If you read SalukiTalk, there are some posters who typically have good info who are indicating there is much more trouble coming for SIU. If most of what is being said is true, the 2010-11 Salukis could be one of the worst Valley teams in years.

Comment

Bluejays loosing assistant coach Todd Eisner:

In the fast lane

Comment

More about UNI including an interesting question about Lucas O'Rear:

In the fast lane

Comment

More about UNI including an interesting question about Lucas O'Rear:

http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/col...cc4c002e0.html
                          Why would O'Rear leave now? He considered transferring to Kansas last year and decided to stay at UNI.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Money perhaps?
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Bluejays loosing assistant coach Todd Eisner:

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArtic...CLID=204918317
                              Link

More Matt P'ownage about this at the Cafe'.

This never gets old...

Why would you even feel the need to toot your own horn on something like this? You could have just said he was offically gone and left it at that. I am no closer to forking over $10/month knowing information that I knew was coming after talking to one of his ex-Bellevue players back in January.
                              Trouble in Omaha?

I was basically told that Ice (Eisner) was not very encouraged with the direction of the program and the stuff that certain players got away with blew his mind. At the time, my buddy told me that he wouldn't be surprised to see Ice jump at the first gig that opened up at the end of the season because of how unhappy/frustrated he was.

I also think there is something to the lack of cohesion among the entire coaching staff, but that part is somewhat speculative...
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X