A little late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little late

I was trying to sign up earlier to give you guys an idea of what type of team Nevada had but didn't get approved until today. First of all, I am really impressed with your team, stadium, and the fans; it's an environment that I wish we had at Nevada (minus little kids throwing up the "shocker" sign). I know it was a tough loss, but what a hard fought and emotional game that was! I was actually surprised by the outcome as I thought for sure the Pack was leaving Koch Arena with a loss.

Good luck next year and I hope our ADs can get something worked out for future games as I really enjoy playing against the MVC.

How in the hell that team lost 12 games I have no idea.

Pitt was better because of their size and athleticism. Otherwise, that's the 2nd best team we've faced all year.

Good luck going forward.

And yes, regular season games would be very much welcomed.

Comment

Thumb out = W
      Thumb in = shocker

Also I have to echo the Doctor, how the hell did Nevada lose 12? Just cold streaks that come when you have shooters like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
        Thumb out = W
        Thumb in = shocker

Also I have to echo the Doctor, how the hell did Nevada lose 12? Just cold streaks that come when you have shooters like that?
        They don't play defense. How many gimmies did our big men miss last night? Between the FT line and the missed bunnies why WSU could never get over the hump.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
          Thumb out = W
          Thumb in = shocker

They don't play defense. How many gimmies did our big men miss last night? Between the FT line and the missed bunnies why WSU could never get over the hump.
          We also had numerous wide open 3s that we couldn't knock down. You look at how well Nevada shot (from the floor and the line) and how poorly we shot and we still only lost by 4; that should tell you why they lost 12 games. Plus, they gave up a lot of offensive boards. We just didn't take advantage.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thumb out = W
            Thumb in = shocker
            If you watched the ASU vs Jacksonville game the other night, you'd notice what there students do is the "shocker"... I think they call it a pitch fork, but I always thought a fork had more than 2 prongs.

Comment

Thumb out = W
              Thumb in = shocker

Defense and rebounding is this team's crutch. Also, because of the lack of depth we lose the majority of our games in the second half. Babbitt playing 40 minutes isn't unheard of and when he gets tired it's downhill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblood
                Thumb out = W
                Thumb in = shocker

Defense and rebounding is this team's crutch. Also, because of the lack of depth we lose the majority of our games in the second half. Babbitt playing 40 minutes isn't unheard of and when he gets tired it's downhill from there.
                You could see he was gassed and was just gutting it through, but he still hit that huge shot with the shot clock winding down. UNLV should be fine it they add depth with Babbitt for the next 3 years. I wish WSU had a Babbitt.

Comment

Thumb out = W
                  Thumb in = shocker

You could see he was gassed and was just gutting it through, but he still hit that huge shot with the shot clock winding down. UNLV should be fine it they add depth with Babbitt for the next 3 years. I wish WSU had a Babbitt.
                  A) Babbitt is a sophomore

B) He plays for Nevada

C) He will likely be in the NBA not college shortly
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                    Thumb out = W
                    Thumb in = shocker

B) He plays for Nevada

Sorry. I was thinking Mike K. said he was a frosh. I had UNLV on my mind because I'm watching UNI and UNLV right now. Sucks for Nevada if he goes pro.

Comment

Thumb out = W
                      Thumb in = shocker

B) He plays for Nevada

Sorry. I was thinking Mike K. said he was a frosh. I had UNLV on my mind because I'm watching UNI and UNLV right now. Sucks for Nevada if he goes pro.
                      It is possible that he and Armon Johnson could both go pro. If they both come back, Nevada will be really tough, but if one or both leave it would be a big blow.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                        Thumb out = W
                        Thumb in = shocker
                        If you watched the ASU vs Jacksonville game the other night, you'd notice what there students do is the "shocker"... I think they call it a pitch fork, but I always thought a fork had more than 2 prongs.
                        Thats a West Virginia fork, that way the two tines can go on either side of their one good tooth.

Comment

Thumb out = W
                          Thumb in = shocker

B) He plays for Nevada

It is possible that he and Armon Johnson could both go pro. If they both come back, Nevada will be really tough, but if one or both leave it would be a big blow.
                          I just don't see Johnson making it in the NBA. He's good, no doubt, but what sets him apart? Even his running of the mouth is just average fair in the NBA. Babbitt is a whole different story though. That kid is big and good.....he's going to make a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            Thumb out = W
                            Thumb in = shocker

B) He plays for Nevada

I just don't see Johnson making it in the NBA. He's good, no doubt, but what sets him apart? Even his running of the mouth is just average fair in the NBA. Babbitt is a whole different story though. That kid is big and good.....he's going to make a lot of money.
                            At least one board has Johnson (#21) higher than Babbitt (#28) on its list:

Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

I'm not saying that Johnson is better than Babbitt, because I don't think he is, or even that Johnson would succeed in the NBA, but he is getting some looks and he wouldn't be the first guy to enter the draft when there are questions about whether he would be drafted.

Comment

That's the sentiment in Reno as well. I think the main thing going Armon's way is that this years draft isn't very strong at Point Guard. I also don't think he'd care if he went in the 2nd round either as he sees the success that Ramon Sessions is having and, from what I've heard, doesn't care that much about school.

Luke Babbitt is obviously the more ready and more talented of the two. We're all just hoping that his competitiveness and his commitment to the classroom keeps him here for at least 1 more year.

BTW, I see a couple of your fans are giving UNLV fans a hard time on their board at Rebelnet. Keep it up! They've got some of the worst fans I've ever encountered. :good:

Comment

Working...
                              X